PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Shop Cleaning Tool

Gary Jacuk
05-13-2006, 2:07 PM
Cleaning the shop today, as a client is coming over for dinner. Have to say my favorite "power tool" is the Stihl BG55C leaf blower!:D Twice over lightly with the fans going and out goes the dust. Mighty fine, mighty fine!!

Bruce Benjamin
05-13-2006, 3:55 PM
I've been using the old push broom and dust pan for a long
time but I finally plumbed a line from my air compressor to the
center of my garage shop. I attached one of those 1/4" yellow
coiled lines that supposedly extend to about 20' and put my
blow nozzle on it. With this I can get to every corner of my shop
and it's so easy to keep the shop nearly dust free. Just open the
big door and blow everything out. If I regulate the airflow I
can even blow off all work surfaces without blowing off tools or
wood. Just the dust. I have a large box fan at one back
corner of the shop and that combined with sort of holding my
breath and I don't breath in much of the stirred-up dust. The
only downside is that any cars parked in the driveway are
fairly coated with a fine layer of dust. It blows off when I drive
it though.

Bruce

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-13-2006, 4:28 PM
I just got a new cleaning tool.
It's fabulous clears all the dust out like nuthin:

Gary Jacuk
05-13-2006, 4:38 PM
Here's a shop cleaning question that borders on being a little over the edge of obssesive. With so many items now being plastic, has anyone figures out how to keep the dust from sticking from the stuff ?:confused: My black shop vac canister, most factory dust outlets...... static electricity, I guess, and fine dust....what a mess. Any solutions out there ? Even my best cleaning power tool won't move that stuff.:mad:

Chris Barton
05-13-2006, 4:43 PM
This is my favorite cleaning tool, only problem is I can't use it but once...

Alan Turner
05-13-2006, 5:06 PM
I'll weigh in from the galoot side. My favorite is a curved back radiator brush. With the reach, it is very quick to clean the bench, etc. Once I used one, I relegated my regular shop brushes to the bottom of some drawer somewhere, not te be seen again.

Todd Davidson
05-13-2006, 5:13 PM
Kim (Shhhh ;))

Rick Doyle
05-13-2006, 5:23 PM
i just love the 'floor sweep' attachment i have for my new dust collector. i just sweep the floor and push the sawdust over to the floor sweep and 'whoosh' - it's gone up the duct and into the bag. almost makes sweeping the floor fun!

chester stidham
05-13-2006, 5:43 PM
I use my shop vac fast and clean:D

Gary Jacuk
05-13-2006, 5:53 PM
Kim (Shhhh ;))

Your secret is safe with us Todd:o

Alan,
Pictures? And where might one find such a critter?

Bart Leetch
05-13-2006, 6:09 PM
I use a shop vac.

I would never have a floor sweep on a regular bag flow through the impeller style DC. Why because if there is some stray metal nail,nut,screw that can cause a spark in the dust/chip bag/bin.

A regular DC like mentioned above should always be used just for collecting from tools like the table-saw, jointer, planer etc.& not for general cleanup.

Just my 2 cents.

Don Bergren
05-13-2006, 8:12 PM
I clean with a Shop Vac. I used to use a broom but it seemed to raise as much dust as it moved. The Shop Vac works best for me. I do floor, table surfaces, tools, etc. with it. I also use the brush attachment on a lot of things.

Alan Tolchinsky
05-13-2006, 8:43 PM
I use a shop vac.

I would never have a floor sweep on a regular bag flow through the impeller style DC. Why because if there is some stray metal nail,nut,screw that can cause a spark in the dust/chip bag/bin.

A regular DC like mentioned above should always be used just for collecting from tools like the table-saw, jointer, planer etc.& not for general cleanup.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with that. I hate it when even a small piece of wood gets in and hits the impeller fan. Boy is that noisy and I've got a few dents in the housing from things flying around in there too. I have the Delta 850 DC.

Alan Turner
05-13-2006, 8:49 PM
Your secret is safe with us Todd:o

Alan,
Pictures? And where might one find such a critter?

A janatorial supplyhouse will have them. the trick is finding one of wood and not plastic. Should be in $6 - $8 range. It is about 3/8" thick is all, so goes in tight places, like cleaning a radiator. Camera is at the shop; I'll see if I can remember it.

Here is one, probably in plastic.

http://www.jansancatalog.com/prdimgs/le40rth421/mal/mal242324.jpg

JOHN E Tarro
05-13-2006, 8:50 PM
NOT KIDDING. With all respect, My Wife. I can't tell you the number of times I have come home to find the shop CLEAN. THing is, unlike all of you, I don't always put all my toys away when I am done with them. She, somehow, knows where every one goes . . . exactly. I guess she really likes me.

Steve Wargo
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I find that a good old fashioned foxtail and dustpan works the great. The best part about it is, you can give it to the kids and it keeps them busy on the floor for a long time.

Allen Bookout
05-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I use a shop vac.

Just my 2 cents.
Why not put a small mesh screen over the intake? Or maybe large mesh. Or just watch what you are sweeping or blowing towart the intake. Seems reasonable to me. Allen

Bart Leetch
05-14-2006, 1:38 AM
Most DC's come with a spider shaped piece across the inlet which catches a lot of the long curly shavings from a planer & blocks the inlet most get cut out for this reason. Screen or mesh of any kind isn't something you want in the inlet.

You can be reasonable all you want the fire that gets started by a spark from something metal sparking off of the fan in your DC can & will start a smoldering pile of chips & burst into a fire after your gone from the shop & asleep for the night burning down your shop & maybe any other building that is close enough. What about it killing someone in the process? Does this sound reasonable to you? IS IT REALLY WORTH THE LAZINESS & JUST TO HAVE IT EASY TO SWEEP A LITTLE STUFF INTO A FLOOR SWEEP. GET A VACUUM & USE IT.

You need to learn the question what if? Get these 2 words in you mind real good "WHAT IF" they will save your butt more times than any thing else you can learn when it has anything to do with working in a wood shop or any situation where machinery or chemicals are involved.

When you start to do something & have any kind of doubt stand back first & say "WHAT IF" its either that or maybe get ready to kiss you butt goodbye.

Yes I'm coming on a little strong here but I don't want you or anyone else hurt or killed because it sounds reasonable.

Cody Colston
05-14-2006, 2:09 AM
In my job, I'm gone for 14 days then home for 14 days, not counting travel time. I always try to clean the shop on my last day home.

After storing all the hand tools, etc, I sweep (I have two floor sweeps plumbed to my Oneida cyclone) vacuum off the tool and workbench tops with a shop vac and finish by opening the big door and blowing out with a gas powered leaf blower.

I also dump my scrap boxes and empty the DC barrel. It's great to come home to a shop that is clean, organized and ready for whatever project I have in mind.

Randy Meijer
05-14-2006, 5:15 AM
..... I have a large box fan at one back
corner of the shop and that combined with sort of holding my
breath and I don't breath in much of the stirred-up dust.....

It might be prudent to invest in an inexpensive respirator or even a simple dust mask. That wood dust can be very unhealthy. I watched a close family member suffer with emphysema for several years before losing the battle and it was not pleasant!!

Per Swenson
05-14-2006, 7:33 AM
Hello everyone,

This is a good reminder topic for me, my current

cleaning system will leave for a education upgrade

in a short year and a 1/2. ( pic of current model below) This worries me as the two

previous models I sent out for education upgrades,

were not returned by the factory.

I gave up calling the sevice dept in this matter, because I am

sure the work was outsourced off shore to Cancun, South Padre Island,

or the Bahamas.

What I am thinking this time is maybe I would be better off with

something like mmm.indenturedservant.com.

Any thoughts?

Per

Rick Doyle
05-14-2006, 10:47 AM

You can be reasonable all you want the fire that gets started by a spark from something metal sparking off of the fan in your DC can & will start a smoldering pile of chips & burst into a fire after your gone from the shop & asleep for the night burning down your shop & maybe any other building that is close enough. What about it killing someone in the process? Does this sound reasonable to you? IS IT REALLY WORTH THE LAZINESS & JUST TO HAVE IT EASY TO SWEEP A LITTLE STUFF INTO A FLOOR SWEEP. GET A VACUUM & USE IT.....

bart,

thanks for the tip and gentle 'warning':) about the danger of dc 'floor sweeps'!:eek: i was the poor soul who mentioned that! i can assure you i didn't use the sweep because i am 'lazy' - i just thought it was kind of convenient, and, i was always very careful about what i swept into the intake.

but, you're right - murphy still lives on! if it can happen - it will! especially to me:( . so, i'm going to go back to my good old shop-vac for cleaning my shop - it's what i always used in addition to the dc floor sweep anyway - that and a broom!

so, thanks again for the warning.

Allen Bookout
05-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Most DC's come with a spider shaped piece across the inlet which catches a lot of the long curly shavings from a planer & blocks the inlet most get cut out for this reason. Screen or mesh of any kind isn't something you want in the inlet.

Of course I was not talking about that intlet. That would be insane. I was talking about the inlet to the floor sweep.

Allen

Bart Leetch
05-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry for the misinterpretation Allen. However I still think it would defeat the purpose of the floor sweep. Besides that its so nice to just stick the wand of the shop vac into tight spots & along the front of things where you can't really sweep very well & have all the dust sucked up. If you keep the shop vac fairly empty & you see or hear something sucked up you don't have to dig very far to find it & don't have to worry about sparks starting a fire & instead of blowing the dust out (leaf blower style of cleaning) & stirring it up where you have to breath it. I think this is a good all around deal . I can see why leaf blowers are liked for this job especially if you have a big garage door to blow the dust out of. I might even be tempted if my exit door wasn't only 36". But I would wear a good dust mask like my dust be gone.

3 things I really believe strongly in is using a shop vac to prevent sparks in the dust bin or bag instead of a floor sweep hooked to a regular DC & how chemicals/finishes are handled & stored & keeping all used finish rags/paper towels out of the shop.

Allen Bookout
05-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Bart,

Not your problem. I was so brief in my statement that I was not clear in what I was trying to say. I should learn from that.

Thanks!

Allen

Bruce Benjamin
05-14-2006, 1:15 PM
It might be prudent to invest in an inexpensive respirator or even a simple dust mask. That wood dust can be very unhealthy. I watched a close family member suffer with emphysema for several years before losing the battle and it was not pleasant!!

Randy, I guess I should've been more liberal with my use of, :rolleyes: .
While I can hold my breath for quite a while I don't need to be
passing out in my garage. I use a Resp-O-Rator Jr. dust filter
found here: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10997 . I love
this thing compared to any other mask I've used because it works
with my beard and fits in my shop apron pocket. And it filters down
to 0.3 microns. Cheap too! I do rely on a couple of large fans to
clear out the garage/shop of dust but it takes a couple of minutes
or so. That combined with lots of compressed air and my shop stays
squeaky clean. Now if I could just get my kids to wash the cars.:confused:

Bruce

Ken Salisbury
05-14-2006, 2:30 PM
One picture is worth 1,000 words:

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/sweeper.gif

Frank Fusco
05-14-2006, 2:42 PM
Broom, pan and Shop Vac.

Jim Dunn
05-14-2006, 3:57 PM
Per quit sending em checks and they'll be back:)

I use the central vac system plumbed in to the rest of the house. I was concerned about the vast quanties of saw dust going into the smallish canister but I clean it weekly and don't have a problem. Plus the noise is in the garage and doesn't bother me at all.

Frank Pellow
05-14-2006, 7:58 PM
I find that this:

http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=454769&ID=6

when used with this: http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=6&prodid=583366

Makes it quite easy to keep my shop clean.

Bill Arnold
05-14-2006, 8:47 PM
Cleaning the shop today, as a client is coming over for dinner. Have to say my favorite "power tool" is the Stihl BG55C leaf blower!:D Twice over lightly with the fans going and out goes the dust. Mighty fine, mighty fine!!

Clean the shop? It's just gonna get dirty again!!!

:D :D :D

John Miliunas
05-14-2006, 8:50 PM
NOT KIDDING. With all respect, My Wife. I can't tell you the number of times I have come home to find the shop CLEAN. THing is, unlike all of you, I don't always put all my toys away when I am done with them. She, somehow, knows where every one goes . . . exactly. I guess she really likes me.

John, does she have a sister???? :D Oh no...Wait...Can't do that. Already got model Wife, Version 2, complete with upgrades! :o

Typically, the million HP Craftsman vac and my little Fein Mini Turbo. I recently upgraded the wheels on my Cman with some BIG oversized wheels and it's not all that bad rolling around the shop now. However, ear protection is still necessary! :) :cool:

Mark Pruitt
05-15-2006, 8:28 AM
What I am thinking this time is maybe I would be better off with

something like mmm.indenturedservant.com.

Any thoughts?

Per

Per, That might work, except that the end result is a dramatic increase in SPAM.....:eek:

Charles McKinley
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Per,

You wouldn't learn spanish to run a framing crew so why would you learn chineese or russian just to get the shop cleaned? :D

Ya know as soon as they lean English they will run off.

Travis Johnson
05-16-2006, 1:32 PM
I have been working on getting my old dust collector up and running in my new shop. For a moment I hated to modify it, but realized if it's going to work better, I need to change it. To make a long story short, I cut, hacked, sawed and screwed and finally got a dust system that works.

It is hooked to every machine in my shop and then blows the chips into a sump. My sump is a covered pit in the floor that extends down 18 inches below my concrete floor and extends out underneath my slab. In this sump there is a rubber belted conveyor that takes the expelled chips from my dust collector and augers it out into a pile outside of my shop.

The system works great. No more dumping bags of chips from the dust collector. No more air-borne sawdust from the machines in the shop. No more fighting gravity. I even put in a trap door into my sump so when I do sweep the floor I don't have to dust pan it up. Just down the hole and out the conveyor.

Now either this sytem is really great, or I am really lazy :)

Randy Meijer
05-16-2006, 1:55 PM
Hey Per,

You wouldn't learn spanish to run a framing crew.....

You would if you lived in Texas!!!:mad: :mad:

Allen Bookout
05-16-2006, 2:01 PM
Travis Johnson,

That sounds like a GREAT setup. If I ever move and set up again I will remember your discription.

Thanks for the information!

Allen

Travis Johnson
05-16-2006, 2:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words Allen.

I have lived for so many years without a shop that I developed a lot of ideas as I waited for one. Now that I am about half way into its construction, I am very pleased that some of my ideas have worked as well as they have.

My goal was simple: a small, affordable, but yet functional shop. An Oxy Moron in a lot of ways, but as I said, so far things have turned out quite well. You can take a virtual tour of my shop here if you like. Just keep in mind this shop is only half built, and as stated, small at 12 x 24.

Travis Johnson WorkShop (http://www.railroadmachinist.com/Workshop_Features.html)

Jerry Olexa
05-16-2006, 4:49 PM
You mean you guys actually Clean your shops ??:D :D

Byron Trantham
05-16-2006, 5:33 PM
SWMBO introduced me to one of the greatest inventions since, well I don't know when. A swiffer towel (replacements for the swiffer duster). Take one of those puppies to your tools like a planer, jointer, cabinets of any kind, and you won't believe how through they are! They hold up pretty well. I used them on my collection of quick grip clamps and they looked brand new. Static adhered dust just disappears.

John Miliunas
05-16-2006, 6:09 PM
You mean you guys actually Clean your shops ??:D :D

Jerry, I'm even surprising myself!!! :eek: A few weeks ago, I went and did a massive cleanup of the shop and now, after I finish a mini-project, I actually put away my tools and cleanup after myself!!! :eek: Yeah, even SWMBO doesn't hardly believe it!!! :D :cool:

Chris Padilla
05-16-2006, 6:16 PM
I'm with Jerry...who cleans their shop?? You never know when you'll need a bit of scrap for a wedge or to size a panel to a frame or some sawdust to mix in with some epoxy to fill in a knot or a boo-boo.... You're all just throwing away the essence of your woodworking!!! Good God, what has happend to this place????

;)

Travis Johnson
05-16-2006, 6:30 PM
I guess I am a bit Obsessive Compulsive. I clean my shop several times a day when I am using it.

Basically I work until I have to look for something like a tape measure or pencil. If it is over on the tablesaw for instance and not on my bench then I stop, put EVERYTHING back in its place even if I am going to be using it again in just a few minutes. An average time frame for this is at least once an hour.

It sounds strange and counter-productive, but it actually is a great habit to get into. I get so much more done because I am not searching for anything. Everything is right where it is supposed to be, right when I need it.

And yes, I have racks, shelves, tools and special holders for everything and anything. My floors you can eat off. As I said I am a bit obssesive/ compulsive.

Andy Hoyt
05-16-2006, 7:11 PM
Hey Travis, neighbor guy!

You're giving the rest of us Mainers a bad rep what with all this talk of cleaning and stuff.

glenn bradley
05-16-2006, 8:02 PM
Shades of 'Caddy Shack'.

Bart Leetch
05-16-2006, 9:23 PM
Jerry, I'm even surprising myself!!! :eek: A few weeks ago, I went and did a massive cleanup of the shop and now, after I finish a mini-project, I actually put away my tools and cleanup after myself!!! :eek: Yeah, even SWMBO doesn't hardly believe it!!! :D :cool:

Your just full of surprises in you older age John.:D

James Duxbury
07-30-2006, 1:13 PM
Randy, I guess I should've been more liberal with my use of, :rolleyes: .
While I can hold my breath for quite a while I don't need to be
passing out in my garage. I use a Resp-O-Rator Jr. dust filter
found here: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10997 . I love
this thing compared to any other mask I've used because it works
with my beard and fits in my shop apron pocket. And it filters down
to 0.3 microns. Cheap too! I do rely on a couple of large fans to
clear out the garage/shop of dust but it takes a couple of minutes
or so. That combined with lots of compressed air and my shop stays
squeaky clean. Now if I could just get my kids to wash the cars.:confused:

Bruce

Bruce,
The Resp-O-Rator Jr. is great for cleaning, mowing, etc. Allergy suffers really like it. (filter is over 97% down to 0.3 microns) but the big Resp-O-Rator has the two filters. The new filters are now HEPA, (over 99.97% down to 0.3 microns) also it has a slightly lower breathing resistance so it is easy to wear while actually working.

I lucked out, my father-in-law likes to clean the shop and after turning all day it's barrels of shavings.

Jim

Paul Canaris
07-30-2006, 1:50 PM
A broom and a pan animated by my son.:) :)

glenn bradley
07-30-2006, 2:07 PM
Your scary sharp 'works in a drawer' idea ROCKS!!!

Al Killian
07-30-2006, 2:58 PM
Gary,
Try some Amor -All. I wont keep it from sticking, but it will come off with out zapping you.:)

Bruce Benjamin
07-30-2006, 4:18 PM
Bruce,
The Resp-O-Rator Jr. is great for cleaning, mowing, etc. Allergy suffers really like it. (filter is over 97% down to 0.3 microns) but the big Resp-O-Rator has the two filters. The new filters are now HEPA, (over 99.97% down to 0.3 microns) also it has a slightly lower breathing resistance so it is easy to wear while actually working.

I lucked out, my father-in-law likes to clean the shop and after turning all day it's barrels of shavings.

Jim

The two masks appear to use the exact same filter except that the Jr. only uses one of them. I wonder why the double filter shows 99.97% and the single show only 97%. The only difference that I would see is in the volume of airflow. I'm never out of breath or breathing hard when working in my shop so the Jr. works fine for me. I looked at the picture of the two masks and I felt that having that apparatus around my neck with the double mask would really be uncomfortable and get in my way. The Jr. is very easy to put into my mouth or just slip back into my apron pocket when it's not needed. The only thing I don't love about the mask is that the nose clip is slightly irritating. Not too bad though.

Bruce

Cliff Rohrabacher
07-31-2006, 9:53 AM

Heh Heh. Me too I got a Stihl back-pack blower last spring and I use it in the shop to good effect.

However there is no replacing the broom when I have nails and screws on the floor. Don't want them in the wrong places to catch feet and tires.

Jesse Cloud
07-31-2006, 10:33 AM
I know its time to clean the shop when I spend more than 10 minutes trying to find my tablesaw:rolleyes:

Bill White
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Here's a shop cleaning question that borders on being a little over the edge of obssesive. With so many items now being plastic, has anyone figures out how to keep the dust from sticking from the stuff ?:confused: My black shop vac canister, most factory dust outlets...... static electricity, I guess, and fine dust....what a mess. Any solutions out there ? Even my best cleaning power tool won't move that stuff.:mad:

I put a fabric softener sheet in the vac after I empty it. No static in clothes means no static in the vac. Works for me.....
Bill

James Duxbury
08-02-2006, 5:20 PM
Bruce,

You are right. The filters are the same. When you pass twice as much air through any filter the efficiency drops just a little. We say 97% but really it is closer to 98% efficient and that is down to 0.3 microns. It's the best.

The pressure drop on both Resp-O-Rators is well within government limits and really to each his own. The jr. is great protection from any form of dust or particulates. It is not very good under a full face shield and does obstruct some close-up visability. That is why we thought it would be more use for people with allergies, mowing and cleaning etc. They are really liking it too. Sever allergies is no fun.

If you don't like the nose clip try uaing it without. I put it on as a safe guard for those that need it. People swim in the ocean with a snorkel tube and that does not have a nose clip. Give it a try.

All the best

Jim Duxbury

Bruce Benjamin
08-02-2006, 5:47 PM
Bruce,

You are right. The filters are the same. When you pass twice as much air through any filter the efficiency drops just a little. We say 97% but really it is closer to 98% efficient and that is down to 0.3 microns. It's the best.

The pressure drop on both Resp-O-Rators is well within government limits and really to each his own. The jr. is great protection from any form of dust or particulates. It is not very good under a full face shield and does obstruct some close-up visability. That is why we thought it would be more use for people with allergies, mowing and cleaning etc. They are really liking it too. Sever allergies is no fun.

If you don't like the nose clip try uaing it without. I put it on as a safe guard for those that need it. People swim in the ocean with a snorkel tube and that does not have a nose clip. Give it a try.

All the best

Jim Duxbury

Thanks for the info, Jim. For what I do in the shop I rarely use a full face shield and instead rely on safety glasses and the JR. works just fine for that. I do sometimes go without using the nose clip if I'm only wearing it for shorter periods of time but I've found that if I go for longer periods I will start breathing a little through my nose. I haven't ever used one but I remember swimming nose plugs used to be available and probably still are. They look more comfortable to wear so maybe I'll just find one and adapt it. I haven't really noticed the visibility issue. I turned the filter over so that it's mostly down over my chin so it doesn't get in the way.

I really believe this is a great product, especially for the low price. I usually work with nobody else around but if my wife or kids are walking though the shop I do have to take it out of my mouth to talk to them. With a more traditional, "over the mouth" type of mask I can still talk without removing it. This is a small disadvantage but unless you have to talk a lot it's really a minor problem.

Since I have a full beard a traditional mask doesn't work well for me. The only alternative I see to the Resp. Jr. for me is to go to a full face mask respirator and I don't want to spend that much money and I really don't know if it would seal well anyway. I'm sold and recommend it to anyone. Besides, it's so inexpensive if you don't like it you aren't out much money. Good job. Wish I'd thought of it.

Bruce

James Duxbury
09-08-2006, 9:20 PM
Thanks for the info, Jim. For what I do in the shop I rarely use a full face shield and instead rely on safety glasses and the JR. works just fine for that. I do sometimes go without using the nose clip if I'm only wearing it for shorter periods of time but I've found that if I go for longer periods I will start breathing a little through my nose. I haven't ever used one but I remember swimming nose plugs used to be available and probably still are. They look more comfortable to wear so maybe I'll just find one and adapt it. I haven't really noticed the visibility issue. I turned the filter over so that it's mostly down over my chin so it doesn't get in the way.

I really believe this is a great product, especially for the low price. I usually work with nobody else around but if my wife or kids are walking though the shop I do have to take it out of my mouth to talk to them. With a more traditional, "over the mouth" type of mask I can still talk without removing it. This is a small disadvantage but unless you have to talk a lot it's really a minor problem.

Since I have a full beard a traditional mask doesn't work well for me. The only alternative I see to the Resp. Jr. for me is to go to a full face mask respirator and I don't want to spend that much money and I really don't know if it would seal well anyway. I'm sold and recommend it to anyone. Besides, it's so inexpensive if you don't like it you aren't out much money. Good job. Wish I'd thought of it.

Bruce

Bruce,

There are days I wish you had thought of the Resp-O-Rators. They are using up much of my fun time in the shop.

The nose clip is stainless steel wire so it can be bent to any shape desired. Bend it to fit and just pinch your nose closed---It's not a glue joint. Don't make it too tight.

Glad you like it. It is a good feeling to know you are being protected. Both of the Resp-O-Rators are working so well that they are now being used for all kinds of things. Farming, Welding, Grinding, Pottery, Etc. And the Jr. is working great for allergy sufferers. Especially those that really need it as well as the ones with beards.

All the best.

Jim Duxbury

Scott Kuykendall
09-09-2006, 2:56 PM

Try spraying some Static Guard on it. It can be found with the laundry soaps at the store. Or give it a rub down with a dryer sheet.
Scott