PDA

View Full Version : Bessey K-body Adjustment?

Charlie Plesums
05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
The jaws of one of my K-body clamps are not parallel...when the jaws touch at the outer end, the jaws are about 1/16 inch apart along the bar.:mad:

There are a couple allen screws... do these control the parallelism? (I can't visualize how they would help... they seem to just provide the "burr" to keep the clamp from sliding.) Any suggestions how to fix it?

Gary Herrmann
05-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Dumb question. Did you open the jaws and then close them again? Sometimes I notice mine slip a bit laterally when I close them, but if I open them and adjust they're sqaure to each other in that plane when I close them again. Admittedly, I haven't experienced what you're reporting tho.

Alex Berkovsky
05-12-2006, 1:12 PM
Charlie,
These are some excerpts from the Woodnet post (http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=2032435). They are replies from Bessey customer service techs. I hope they answer your question.

"All lengths of K-bodies are made with an 89 degree toe-in on the fixed jaw. (This amounts to ~1/16" over 4")."

"The K Body should be not quite square if it is 'at rest' so that, under pressure, it will come fully to 90 degrees.

We did have a few products that were manufactured that were out of square in late July but, thought we had identified, quarantined and destroyed those. We take our product quality quite seriously so, if you have a problem clamp that you feel is not meeting your standards then...take it back where you bought it and ask for an exchange. They should send it to us and, after review, we will replace it if it is truly a quality issue."