PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-12-2006, 6:48 AM
Friday May 12th, 2006

Well, gang it's that time again. Friday! :D Just another day to those "RETIRED" folks.

What's on the agenda for the weekend?

Not sure on this end, but it won't be outside. Winter has arrived again here. :( Snow last night and today, but none of it sticking. :( Windy as well with temps in the mid to upper 30's. Supposed to be cool through the weekend. :(

Whatever your plans, make it a safe and sound weekend. :)

Karl

Larry Norton
05-12-2006, 7:12 AM
Not much woodworking going on with me, except spending more time cleaning shop. I have eliminated several boxes of small pieces of oak and poplar.

Liz's and my 25th anniversary was this week, and we went to Circuit City to get my anniversary present, a new digital camera. So I'll be taking more pictures with the new one than I did with the old one.

Karl, I just wanted to Thank You for doing this. It's good to see what's keeping us busy doing what we love.

Steve Ash
05-12-2006, 7:15 AM
I got some tickets to watch the quarter mile drag races....but it is supposed to rain.:(

Karl Laustrup
05-12-2006, 8:03 AM
I got some tickets to watch the quarter mile drag races....but it is supposed to rain.:(

You takin' the Olly? :D Let us know the ET and TES.

Karl

John Miliunas
05-12-2006, 8:05 AM
Work Job 2 tonight. As Karl indicates, there won't be any outside work happening this weekend. :mad: Hopefully, going to get pieces molded and start putting together yet another frame for my daughter. May even go ahead and chuck up another piece 'o sumthin' on the lathe. Sunday is Mother's Day and all that goes along with that. Hope everyone has a super weekend! :) :cool:

Julio Navarro
05-12-2006, 8:10 AM
gonna be re arrainging the shop, wiring up the cyclone, running some duct work for it and making the 6"dia to 4x10 transition.

I might even try out my new BS.

Grant Davis
05-12-2006, 8:12 AM
My youngest daughter has a double header tomorrow for her 6th grade softball team. My step son and I are making a craft project of a stepping stone for his mom. After that I hope to get a little shop time to work on some mobile carts I have been wanting. Supposed to rain all weekend here so the dry garage will be the place to be tonight and tomorrow. Of course on Sunday i will be pampering LOML.

Tyler Howell
05-12-2006, 8:34 AM
Cancelled the Bar Crawl due to snow.
Floors are being sanded so it will be hard to access the shop but we'll get in there.Have a safe one.
TJH

Jim Becker
05-12-2006, 8:41 AM
If the tree service actually shows up today, I may be moving a lot of wood chips to the area where the play gym will be going. Additionally, we had errands to run, swimming lessons to attend and, of course, the first Mother's Day to celebrate... Shop time? Maybe. :) Maybe not. :(

Mark Pruitt
05-12-2006, 8:46 AM
Friday May 12th, 2006

Winter has arrived again here. :( Snow last night and today, but none of it sticking. :( Windy as well with temps in the mid to upper 30's. Supposed to be cool through the weekend. :(
Karl

Wow. Is that "normal" for this time of the year? Been a bit on the cool side here in Virginia, but we'll make up for it in a couple months or so!

Thinking about purchasing a new planer this weekend. Haven't decided between the 22-580 and the 735 yet. Other than that, I'll be in the shop continuing my workbench construction. But mostly, some time with LOML--until last night we hadn't seen each other in almost a week.

John Timberlake
05-12-2006, 9:11 AM
Putting finish on some bookcases - four three-foot sections plus 24 movable shelves. Plus making the molding for covering the joints between sections and where they meet the wall and ceiling.

Also have to take all the furniture out of the family room and take up the carpet. New carpet coming Monday. At least I don't have to install it. And of course take my wife out for lunch on Mother's Day.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-12-2006, 9:18 AM
I have to clean up the Dungeon, I've been in spring clean out mode around here, and some stuff has migrated into the Dungeon, so it will be chopped up, and bagged for disposal :D

I guess I could turn a few bowls...... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

JayStPeter
05-12-2006, 9:38 AM
Lots of OT and travel lately so I'm behind on the yardwork. I started my weekend early, so maybe I'll be able to get in the shop and mess around a little this weekend. I do have some beds to cut, plant some bushes, and mulch. I also have to overseed some of the bare spots left by my good weedkilling efforts last fall.
Oh yeah, I've also gotta prepare for more travel :rolleyes: .

Jay

George Bledsoe
05-12-2006, 9:40 AM
I am planning on taking a trip to the local lumberyard:D
Need to mill about 3000 bdft so I have my work cut out for me.

Steve Hayes
05-12-2006, 9:46 AM
Wife having foot surgery so I expect I wil be helping her out. Parents coming over Sunday for moms day so not much time in the shop.:(

David Duke
05-12-2006, 9:53 AM
Think its gonna be one of those "roll with the flow" weekends for me, got a few things I need to get done but not gonna worry if I don't :D :D . The whole family will be at my brothers Sunday for Mother's Day, he's suppose to have a fish fry.........fresh white perch sure sounds good!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Bob Noles
05-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I have only one thing I "must" do and that is attend a short graduation cookout for a nephew.

Other than that, I am planning "NOTHING" for this weekend and will just let the wind blow me in a direction. Wait.... I hear my shop calling :)

C Duff
05-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Yard work as I'm behind with all the rain, clean up the garage so I can new outlets installed on Monday, cut down some prefab'd boards from an old entertainment center for scrap. About it

Edit: Although now looks like I get to pack for a 3 week work roadtrip. Woohoo

John Headley
05-12-2006, 10:32 AM
First Post, nice looking forum.

Saturday is shop time with my 11 yr old son. He is making a box out of ambrosia maple, aromatic cedar, and some walnut for Mother's day. Just a few hours needed to finish it. Sunday is whatever mom requires, might be visiting some friends with a new baby in Williamsburg, Va.

Karl Laustrup
05-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow. Is that "normal" for this time of the year?

Not really normal, but very possible until early June from what I hear.:eek: :) I'm not a life long resident so I can only go by what the old timers tell me.

Further north they are getting 2"-4" of snow that's sticking. :eek:

Karl

Karl Laustrup
05-12-2006, 11:46 AM
First Post, nice looking forum.

Welcome aboard John. Glad to have you.

Don't forget pictures. We like pictures. Oh, yeah and don't forget the PICTURES!!! ;) :) :D

Karl

Steve Ash
05-12-2006, 12:48 PM
You takin' the Olly? :D Let us know the ET and TES.

Karl

hmmm, it does have wheels and a motor....;)

Pete Harbin
05-12-2006, 3:17 PM
Graduation party for a friend who just finished her Masters. The monthly Albuqueurque Woodworkes Assoc meeting is tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some shop time in on Saturday afternoon, but probably not. I'm doing a semi-overhaul/rebuild of our evaporative cooler, so I may spend most of the afternoon working on that. All you guys and gals getting snowed in...send some down here to us!
Sunday will be LOML's first Mother's Day, so it's all about her.

Pete

Vaughn McMillan
05-12-2006, 4:07 PM
Shop-wise, I'll be putting the final touches on my arbor project, and putting new hardware on the cabinets in one of the bathrooms. Since the new hardware has different hole spacing that the old stuff, I'll either be replacing or patching and painting four MDF bathroom drawer fronts. Might also give the lathe a spin or two if time permits.

Outside of the shop, it's yardwork, yardwork, housework, yardwork, and more housework in preparation for family arriving mid-week for a visit to SoCal. (And this weekend will seem laid-back compared to next weekend, which will be very busy.)

- Vaughn

Chip Olson
05-12-2006, 4:36 PM
Well, some tourist from Seattle brought their weather with them and forgot to take it back, so I doubt I'll be getting to my planned weekend project of seeding the lawn. This means I'll hopefully get at least one more coat of USL on the cabinet panels.

Tom Hamilton
05-12-2006, 4:44 PM
We have been watching the granddaughters this week, ages 3,6,9 while their partents got a little away time.

So, with the arrival home in a couple of hours we expect to have a quiet weekend. Yard work, it is beautiful in Houston this weekend, low humidity and mid-80s, get the church bookstore ready for Sunday, and a little shop time.

Sunday, of course, will be focused on the Mom's!:D

Hope you all enjoy, Tom

Bruce Johnson
05-12-2006, 5:15 PM
Much to my wife's displeasure I have a bachelor party in Atlantic City this weekend. So I wont be home for mothers day till about 2pm. And heaven knows I'll be in bad shape. But I did make sure to get some nice gifts and a card to avoid being too deep in the dog house.

Steve Ash
05-13-2006, 8:14 AM
Drag races got cancelled due to all this wet stuff falling out of the sky, so...wife wants to go to the local Amish Auction sale. Yippee :rolleyes:

Chris Barton
05-13-2006, 8:40 AM
Glue up of the top for the Federal card table I have been working on for MONTHS! And, working on the dulcimer I started last week.

Greg Koch
05-13-2006, 1:41 PM
I've got a couple more shevles to put in under bathroom sinks, some trim in the kitchen and some molding in the entry way. The French door to the patio needs some "parts" replaced and I need to hang the closet doors in the hall. A bunch of yardwork, including a cedar post to hold my "John Deere weather station". Seeds to plant and starts to put in the ground in the garden. Luckily, the weather here in Seattle is cooperating nicely.

Joe Jansen
05-13-2006, 4:15 PM
Finally have a saturday to do some work in the shop. My wife went shopping for herself - Her mothers day present.
I'll be working on a shaker clock - need to begin to cut for doors . Using cherry and coming along slowly but surely. Last week had one of those days mistake after mistake. came out of the shop ready to sell it all. Today has been better.
Joe