PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a DeWalt GP RAS?

Jeff Horton
05-11-2006, 7:11 PM
Is so I need to know about wiring a switch. I have mine done and I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere!

Dave Mapes
05-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Jeff

I have an older dewalt RAS (1960) and the wiring diagram was mounted on the metal plate on the motor you removed to rewire it from 110 to 220.

To wire it for 220 my diagram show the blue going to the insulator, the red, yellow and brown are tied together and the white goes to white.

for 110 blue, red, yellow are tied together, the brown and white are tied to the white.

Hope this helps

Dave

Jeff Horton
05-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks Dave, mine is a '46 model and different. I just got it to run and the motor didn't get hot, no sparks, smoke or any other bad things happened. So I think I got it figured up.

Got to say that 12" dia blade screaming is a tad intimidating and I have used RAS for years. :eek:

I am going to draw up a schematic and post it over at OWWM. Maybe the next guy that does a web search with find.

Travis Johnson
05-12-2006, 6:36 AM
Thanks Jeff. That owwm site is a great resourse for us woodworkers who still enjoy using/ maintaining the old tired iron.

Jeff Horton
05-12-2006, 9:08 AM
Thanks Jeff. That owwm site is a great resourse for us woodworkers who still enjoy using/ maintaining the old tired iron.

I go there and droll quite often. ;)