PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Turning Phase 2(Drawing and Stealing) # 5 Stephen Ash & Tom Jones

Christopher K. Hartley
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
STEVE ASH your draw is :
Piece of aspen from Colorado. It is 5.5" square
(See Pic) From Joe Melton

Steve, you You may keep this wood or steal from the previous blanks revealed. Tell us what you want to do. (Stealing means you can switch your draw for anyone elses that has been revealed. Once a drawn blank has been stolen 3 times it can not be stolen again.)

We will not proceed until we hear from you.<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Steve Ash
05-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll hold this for now if I can steal later?

Christopher K. Hartley
05-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I'll hold this for now if I can steal later? You can't steal later as you have the opportunity to do so now. Only the #1 Draw has the chance to steal later because when they drew they had no one to steal from. Steal now or hold what your draw is. Let me know. Thanks

Steve Ash
05-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Okay, I'll steal the Olive.....as in Oliver:D :cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
05-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Okay, I'll steal the Olive.....as in Oliver:D :cool:
Done
Tom when Steve decided to steal, he opened the choice for you to steal or to accept his draw. You can not steal the same wood back but can steal from any other revealed wood. So the choice is now Yours; steal or receive Steve's draw. Tom, which is it?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jim Dunn
05-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey Tom take the sassasfras:eek: I like a good bar fight:D:D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Now this is just from an observer's standpoint.........

This is Ken in Idaho....who's been watching this whole procedure......and who's shaken his head so much.........it's starting to hurt.:eek: .....I'm going to lay down.........if.....that is ....if....somebody hasnt' stolen my book or couch.........:eek: :D Good night!:)

Christopher K. Hartley
05-11-2006, 7:40 AM
Now this is just from an observer's standpoint.........

This is Ken in Idaho....who's been watching this whole procedure......and who's shaken his head so much.........it's starting to hurt.:eek: .....I'm going to lay down.........if.....that is ....if....somebody hasnt' stolen my book or couch.........:eek: :D Good night!:)

Suggestions are always appreciated. Let's see...If I allow the process to unfold as it should, people get anxious,and frustrated. If I try to find a way to hasten the process with shortcuts, participants get cheated. Call me silly, but I feel I'd rather err on the side of fairness. I too am feeling your pain, but then I suppose I should since it was my idea. I assume total responsibility for the outcome. I'm trying to do my best here, I'm sorry for the frustration it seems to be causing. I think my signature quote sums it up...wouldn't you agree?

David Fried
05-11-2006, 7:44 AM
Maybe it should it read, Success is the Sum of Failure, Learning, and Stealing!

Steve Ash
05-11-2006, 7:53 AM
I'm trying to do my best here, I'm sorry for the frustration it seems to be causing.

No problem here....all I know is that I'm gonna be receiving a hunk of wood and sending out a hunk of wood. All in good fun and your efforts are much appreciated.:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2006, 9:02 AM
Christopher...........I was teasing................The process is complex but understandable.......I think! We often play the same game with gag Christmas gifts at a family Christmas party. I was teasing and in no way intended to embarrass you or put down the process. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Not intended! We had a rubber chicken half.....that's right half ...it originated in Idaho and 1/2 lived in Illinois one year before the next Christmas party and returned to it's other half in Idaho the following year. Between my wife and I we had two players to get it back. Why somebody would want 1/2 a rubber chicken is beyond me. It's now in Illinois again but it's two parts are together again. Don't know if or when it'll return to Idaho?

Sorry if I disturbed you....wasn't my intentions.

Jim Davenport
05-11-2006, 9:12 AM
Christopher...........I was teasing................The process is complex but understandable.......I think! We often play the same game with gag Christmas gifts at a family Christmas party. I was teasing and in no way intended to embarrass you or put down the process. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Not intended! We had a rubber chicken half.....that's right half ...it originated in Idaho and 1/2 lived in Illinois one year before the next Christmas party and returned to it's other half in Idaho the following year. Between my wife and I we had two players to get it back. Why somebody would want 1/2 a rubber chicken is beyond me. It's now in Illinois again but it's two parts are together again. Don't know if or when it'll return to Idaho?

A bit off topic, But you brought back memories. I hate fruit cake. Many many years ago when I was in the Navy. My mother sent me a fruit cake for Christmas. My sister took much joy in that. and gave me much grief about it. Well I saved the fruit cake, and sent it to my sister next Christmas. That poor fruit cake went back and forth many Christmas's. If I remember after many years, the post office finally, and mercifly lost it.

Jim Dunn
05-11-2006, 9:51 AM
I'll take wood but hold the fruit cake:) If I get a cake I'll be sending to Ken.:eek::rolleyes::D

Tom Jones III
05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I'll take the catalpa.

Lee DeRaud
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
A bit off topic, But you brought back memories. I hate fruit cake. Many many years ago when I was in the Navy. My mother sent me a fruit cake for Christmas. My sister took much joy in that. and gave me much grief about it. Well I saved the fruit cake, and sent it to my sister next Christmas. That poor fruit cake went back and forth many Christmas's. If I remember after many years, the post office finally, and mercifly lost it.Dave Barry did a bit years ago about that: he claims that only about 2000 fruitcakes were ever made...and the newest one is about 30 years old. They just keep circulating.

Mark Patoka
05-11-2006, 10:51 AM
If I get a cake I'll be sending to Ken.

I'm sure Ken would try putting that on the lathe also and turning something from it. Think of the grain patterns!

Mark Patoka
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM
For those following along at home, I think this is where we're at, right Chris?

Jim Dunn can either
1. accept the Aspen (since Steve chose to steal) and reserve the right to steal at the end or
2. steal from one of the woods already revealed, except the Catalpa Tom just stole from him, and forfeit the right to steal at the end.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Maybe it should it read, Success is the Sum of Failure, Learning, and Stealing!

Good point!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-11-2006, 11:50 AM

Ken, it's ok, I didn't take you wrong. Sorry if I left that impression. You guys are great. I was feeling the pressure of wanting this to go right for everyone.