PDA

View Full Version : Chuckless no more!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-10-2006, 7:05 PM
Stu, made me do it! He pushed me into the Vortex! He just got the best of me the other day. He twisted my arm and I couldn't do anything about it. So I went on line and ordered the Grizzly. Sure glad I didn't have Stu's shipping cost.

Posted By Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=5227)
Well I got the $42.50 Grizzly chuck, the shipping... (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=356264#post356264)

Well I got the $42.50 Grizzly chuck, the shipping cost $43 :D

Great little chuck, it is not a Nova or Oneway, but for me, on the C-Man lathe, itis worth it!

Cheers!

I just got mine in today...same chuck and I ran to put it on and try it with my partially finished pine bowl. Works Great! Doesn't take a whole lot to please me. Just a little Gloat here.:D

Rich Stewart
05-10-2006, 7:19 PM
Looks pretty much like mine. I got three of 'em. One with reg jaws, one with small jaws and one with cole jaws. Saves a lot of time not having to switch them all the time. Have fun. Chucks really do make life easier.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 7:23 PM
Congrats Christopher! Hope it works well for you!

Barry Stratton
05-10-2006, 7:30 PM
Great gloat there, Christopher!

You should PM Corey. From the thread he started, he may be interested in selling his - that way you'll have 2!

Don Orr
05-10-2006, 9:11 PM
Way cool!! You are gonna love having a chuck. Makes life lots more fun and easier too.

I love chucks-I have probably 6 total. Got many of them cheap here and there (read eBay). Have different jaws mounted so I don't have to keep changing. MUCH easier to switch chucks than change jaws.

Have a ton of fun!!

Corey Hallagan
05-10-2006, 9:49 PM
Congrats Chris on the chuck, lots of guys are using these chucks just fine. I'm the one that is having the problems. I will keep my chuck even if I get another one and use the pin type jaws on it to hole small finials and junk like that.

corey