PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer Service Forrest Manfacturing

Billy Reynolds
05-10-2006, 6:09 PM
I had the opportunity to use Forrest saw sharpening service lately. I was less than satisfied when I received the blade back and the repairs was less than acceptable. Must have slipped by their quality control folks. A return of the blade and a note got a quick turn around, great repair & resharpening.
Sure made for a happy customer

Aaron Beaver
05-10-2006, 6:16 PM
Great to hear they listened to you and fixed the problem.

Bruce Wrenn
05-11-2006, 12:16 AM
The problem should have never occured in the first place. Four or five years ago, I bought Forrest WW II at woodworking show. Discount sharpening coupons were supposed to be in box with blade. They weren't, despite literature in box stating that they were. Called CUSTOMER NO SERVICE. Pleasant sounding lady, who did not speak English as a primary language, answered the phone. Told her the problem. She said they would ship me coupons, only she needed my address. When she asked me if Apex was the state, I knew this wasn't going to be good. As of today (5-10-06) I still haven't received coupons, but I WILL CHECK MAILBOX AGAIN TOMMORROW. So much for good customer service. A friend recently had them sharpen his 15" planer (now my planer) blades. Total charge including shipping $76.00. Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY does this for $22.50+ freight. I guess Forrest charges about $54.00 for freight?

Dennis Peacock
05-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Send you stuff to Scott Whiting in Surprise, AZ. He owns and runs a sharpening service. He does some of the best sharpening work I've ever seen and he's wonderful to do business with. Prices are VERY reasonable and the edge on the tooling is far better than factory and much better IMHO. :D

Scott Vigder
05-11-2006, 1:50 AM
Billy-
What did they charge you for sharpening and shipping?

Bruce Benjamin
05-11-2006, 1:45 PM
Send you stuff to Scott Whiting in Surprise, AZ. He owns and runs a sharpening service. He does some of the best sharpening work I've ever seen and he's wonderful to do business with. Prices are VERY reasonable and the edge on the tooling is far better than factory and much better IMHO. :D

Dennis, do you happen to have anymore contact info like a phone
number or at least an address? I'm always looking for endorsements
like this for small businesses and when I find them I like to be able
to easily contact them. Thanks.

Bruce

Alan DuBoff
05-11-2006, 2:29 PM
I have a WWII and a Chopmaster also, and I think Forrest makes great blades. Recentely I purchased some Leitz blades and the cost difference is a definite factor.

For the price that Forrest charges for blades nowdays (they've raised them), and the fact that they charge a premium to sharpen them, I'm dissapointed to hear that you had to send it back to get sharpened properly a second time.

I've been using a Leitz blade that cost me about $29, it's a 24T rip blade, so it's different than my WWII. But the cut is nice and I can get 5 or 6 of them for the price of 1 Forrest. :eek:

Bruce Wrenn
05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
When shipping blades, get a price from the post office. Recently, I shipped a jig to TN from Raleigh NC area. Post office was 1/3 of what UPS store quoted. Jig got there in 2 days. First class mail was only 45 cents more than parcel post which would take 5-7 business days. BUY INSURANCE and confirmation of delivery. Our local post office is a one person operation, it is a pleasure to go to.