PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Badges for Ken

Keith Outten
08-31-2003, 2:00 PM
Here is a picture of the badges I made for Ken Salisbury and Cindy for their woodworking shows. I took some creative liberty with the design and modeled them from the Old Rebel Workshop sign. The badges are engraved and cut from 1/4" alder. Fastening pins are included.

Ken, You get a discount on your badge!!!!!!!

Ken Salisbury
08-31-2003, 2:19 PM
Here is a picture of the badges I made for Ken Salisbury and Cindy for their woodworking shows. I took some creative liberty with the design and modeled them from the Old Rebel Workshop sign. The badges are engraved and cut from 1/4" alder. Fastening pins are included.

YOU DA MAN ! ! ! !

Harvey Brooks, Victoria, BC
08-31-2003, 3:54 PM
Nice badges, too bad you didn't spell Ken's last name right

Ken Salisbury
08-31-2003, 5:20 PM

WOW I am glad you noticed that - I sure didn't

Nick Silva
08-31-2003, 5:38 PM

LOL!!!!!!!
Yikes. The engravers worst nightmare.
I do pens for several people - most of them exotic hardwoods and expensive. I always worry I'm gonna mispell a name. I make triple sure it is written the way it comes on the list from my client. that way I can always say "I was just following orders".

Terry Quiram
09-01-2003, 7:13 AM
Nick

You got that right! I scroll quite a few name signs and I always ask the intended to print their name on a piece of paper and I make the sign from that. If its wrong its their fault.

Terry

Keith Outten
09-01-2003, 7:55 PM
No Worries Mates!

Since this is a very small job it only took a few minutes to make another badge.

When I do very complex, expensive projects or mass production work I prefer to have the text emailed to me so I can cut and paste the text. Most of the time I email the final graphic to the customer for them to review and approve before I do production work.

I've found that working very late at night is very unproductive, I make too many mistakes when I'm tired. This is a lesson I also learned in the shop...never use large power tools when your tired. Unfortunately running a one man workshop means long hours too frequently. I try to save sanding and other less dangerous work for the end of the day.

Wisdom does come with age, but it isn't worth what you have to give up to get it......

Nick Silva
09-01-2003, 8:41 PM
I've found that working very late at night is very unproductive, I make too many mistakes when I'm tired. This is a lesson I also learned in the shop...never use large power tools when your tired........

Yikes. I hope there wasn't an OUCH associated with that last statement.

I agree that working late is unproductive for important stuff. However, where there is artwork involved, I find working on this late in the evening very relaxing. I do some of my best work at night. I might play with a picture for hours, but since it is just 'playing' I find those hours just fly by. I can stop, have a beer, fiddle a little more, have another beer (hmmm, it's a wonder they ever come out right eh?). Next thing I know its done and I can go to bed. peace.