PDA

View Full Version : Ken Garlock

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Here's hoping we hear from Ken and everythings okay. I hope he and the LOHL weren't hit by those tornadoes!

Allen Bookout
05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I sent him a private message earlier but have not heard anything yet. I suspect that the electrical is out over a wide area. Allen

Jim O'Dell
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Ken and all the others in the OK, TEX, ARK areas were hit pretty hard last night. Ken posted on another thread I started at one time last evening about 8:45. That was right in the middle of when it all started for them. But I think Ken was probably a little south of where the main action was, but could have still gotten some hail and/or high winds. Jim.

Ken Garlock
05-10-2006, 4:29 PM
First off, thanks for the concern for our wellfare. The actual damage was about 30+ miles north and east of us. We didn't even get rain.

The local tV stations had there choppers on site last night. From what I heard, several people were 'care flite'd' to hospitals in Dallas and around the area. This morning news showed a the remains of a house that had been leveled, and a car that was just a wad of metal.

The weather radio went off 3 times last night warning of severe weather, but we didn't anything worth mentioning. We did, however, have a lot of lightning in the north and some resulting distant thunder. Other than that, I spent the evening watching the new "Woodworking at Home" DVD.

All is well at Garlock Gardens.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 4:46 PM
Glad to hear that Ken! Saw the video of the destroyed houses and noticed it was Collins county Tx and knew you were from that area!

Dennis Peacock
05-10-2006, 4:52 PM
Yup...it was fairly rough at my house last night as well. Had to stand outside at 00:35 hours this morning to make sure that the straight line winds weren't going to blow that 170 year old Oak tree on top of the house and harm my kids. Severe storms and flooding continued until around 7AM this morning.

Fortunately, no tornado's here last night....but sure did seem like one was close with the strength of the winds that were blowing this morning.

Very glad to hear that Mr. Garlock and family are OK. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 4:56 PM
Dennis.......I can see you standing there in those straight line winds....chain saw in hand ...."Come on! Come on!"....:D

Dennis Peacock
05-10-2006, 5:11 PM
Dennis.......I can see you standing there in those straight line winds....chain saw in hand ...."Come on! Come on!"....:D

LOL!!!!! Nope...when the storm hit last year, it took out a large limb of that old oak tree. I cut two sections and turned both....and they both split like crazy. :mad:

I've already threatened to cut that tree into lumber....but the LOML says, "You better not!!!" :eek: ;)

Ken Garlock
05-10-2006, 5:42 PM
Very glad to hear that Mr. Garlock and family are OK. :D

Hummmm, Mr. Garlock died last Thanksgiving. As for Ken and Bernice, we are doing fine.:)