PDA

View Full Version : Red Green

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 9:01 AM
Is it just me or ...........have you ever noticed how much Andy Hoyt looks like Red Green?.....I mean...with the right hat, clothes and suspenders, of course, he could possibly be Red or certainly related......:eek: ;) :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-10-2006, 9:16 AM
Now wait just a cotton picking minute here, you are talking about a Canadian National hero here, so you got to be treading real careful like..... :D

He may have a beard, but I've never seen a roll of duct tape in Andy's hands, thus the comparison is not even sort fo close, but sides, some women might just find Andy Handy..... ;) :D

Steve Clardy
05-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe Andy keeps the duct tape in his bib overalls?:confused: :eek: ;)

[I keep mine hid in a drawer];)

Joe Pelonio
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.

Lloyd Frisbee
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Red Green

Bill Lewis
05-10-2006, 2:38 PM
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Red Green
On more than one occasion I have had the urge to use this line when responding to one of Andy's posts.
If he's not a clone, then probably a real close relative, eh?

Chris Curry
05-10-2006, 5:19 PM
Ken: You are absolutely right! I thought that as soon as saw his avitar. a few months back I even sent Andy the link when Steve Smith (aka Red) received the Order of Canada for the Governor General. I am thankful that no one has been pointed out as resembling Harold, or Bill. Is anybody else a member of Possum Lodge?
Keep your stick on the ice! ;) Chris

Andy Hoyt
05-10-2006, 7:58 PM
Sorry, no duct tape in my biboverhauls. Used it all up in a successful effort in reattaching the steering wheel on the '98 Exploder.

And Chris - I'm just guessing here, but I think if you found a razor blade and put it to proper use we would all see a resemblance to Harold.

I always thought I had a Richard Wolf thing going (left pic from '01), but in my current iteration (center) I do believe that I more closely resemble Edmund Gwenn. And that said, I'm always striving for the Edgar Montrose look (right).

And Fitz - ppfffffffttttt.

Steve Clardy
05-10-2006, 8:11 PM
Sorry, no duct tape in my biboverhauls. Used it all up in a successful effort in reattaching the steering wheel on the '98 Exploder.

:D :D :D

Jerry Olexa
05-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Are the Red Green shows still on TV?? Haven't seen one in a long time. Love them...Always enjoy the way Red would hook up some contraption to solve any problem. Usually overpowered...:D :) Good post

Dennis Peacock
05-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey Andy.....

With those Bibs on...you need to reside here in Arkysaw with me and I'll even let you borree sum of muh duck tape if'en you need sum. :D

Joe Pelonio
05-11-2006, 8:14 AM
Episodes 282-300 are on the air now, it may be hard to find since they air on some PBS channels and CBC (7pm Fri)for you Canadians and close to the border dwellers. Unfortunate that #300 is the last new one ever, but hopefully will live on in reruns. Here's one from Red:

Why Mature Men Don't Ask for Directions When We're Lost

Okay it all comes down to pride. We're out there driving around in our own vehicle, burning gas, wearing sunglasses, looking good. People who see us driving by would never guess that we have no idea where we are. And we don't want to tell them. Men don't enjoy the concept of going up to total strangers and saying "You may not know this but I'm a moron." In contrast the woman we're traveling with is often very anxious to share this knowledge with the world. It somehow eases her burden. To women, getting lost on a trip is a blameless act of nature - to men it's a personal failure. He knew where he was when he left home - he doesn't know where he is now. Somewhere along the line he crossed the line from the world he knows into the world he doesn't know. To a man this is how he felt when he got married or had kids. If he admits he's lost in the car, he'll have to admit that he's lost everywhere and that's way too much to ask. So just bite your tongue and circle the block a few more times. Men aren't lost, they just go the long way

john whittaker
05-11-2006, 1:12 PM
Hey Andy....errr.....I mean General Samuel Davis. You sir, are no Red Green and I have the photo to prove it.:p

Andy Hoyt
05-11-2006, 1:37 PM
John - My great great uncle might take objection

john whittaker
05-11-2006, 9:09 PM
My sincere apologies to Mr. Sherman. He was not a man to trifle with. Wouldn't want to start another north south dispute.

Steve Clardy
05-11-2006, 9:17 PM
Episodes 282-300 are on the air now, it may be hard to find since they air on some PBS channels and CBC (7pm Fri)for you Canadians and close to the border dwellers. Unfortunate that #300 is the last new one ever, but hopefully will live on in reruns. Here's one from Red:

Why Mature Men Don't Ask for Directions When We're Lost
Okay it all comes down to pride. We're out there driving around in our own vehicle, burning gas, wearing sunglasses, looking good. People who see us driving by would never guess that we have no idea where we are. And we don't want to tell them. Men don't enjoy the concept of going up to total strangers and saying "You may not know this but I'm a moron." In contrast the woman we're traveling with is often very anxious to share this knowledge with the world. It somehow eases her burden. To women, getting lost on a trip is a blameless act of nature - to men it's a personal failure. He knew where he was when he left home - he doesn't know where he is now. Somewhere along the line he crossed the line from the world he knows into the world he doesn't know. To a man this is how he felt when he got married or had kids. If he admits he's lost in the car, he'll have to admit that he's lost everywhere and that's way too much to ask. So just bite your tongue and circle the block a few more times. Men aren't lost, they just go the long way

Super!!!!:D :D :D