PDA

View Full Version : Big green spins a zebra

Steve Ash
05-10-2006, 7:57 AM
In another thread Ernie asked if had a finished pen I turned on Big green. Here it is, this zebrawood pen is the first succesful turning which I immediately gave away as a gift to one of my wifes co-workers.

Now, to start on a bowl......:D

Jim Dunn
05-10-2006, 7:59 AM
What a waste of horse-power:eek: Nice pen though Steve. Were you up all night turning?

Steve Ash
05-10-2006, 8:02 AM
Jim, no not me. I had a meeting to go to but when my son got home from work he was out playing on the lathe for a few hours. :D :cool:

John Miliunas
05-10-2006, 8:20 AM
Beeeeeeeee-you-T-full, Steve!!!! :D Hey, and don't let these guys spoof you into thinking that Olly is too good or big for stuff like that! My (rather poor) attempt for the "Itty Bitty" contest was done on my Vega!!!! 24" capacity, doing something less than 2cm in diameter!!!:eek: Keep up the great work, bud! :) (Oh yeah...Still looking for that adapter!!! :rolleyes: ) :) :cool:

Pete Jordan
05-10-2006, 8:45 AM
Jim, no not me. I had a meeting to go to but when my son got home from work he was out playing on the lathe for a few hours. :D :cool:

You can always come over and log some time on mine. I just got some new cherry yesterday. I need some time to sweep up the shavings anyway.

Mike Ramsey
05-10-2006, 8:54 AM
Good looking pen Steve! Now make another one & track your wifes
friend down & trade her for your very first pen that you turned!
Bad luck ole boy...to give your first pen away :eek: ..

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-10-2006, 8:55 AM
...... I need some time to sweep up the shavings anyway.
I'm finding the snow shovel is easier :D

Nice job on the pen Steve, I have ordered all the gear to start doing that myself.

Cheers!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2006, 8:57 AM
Breaking Olly in right! Nice pen Steve!

John Hart
05-10-2006, 9:07 AM
Hows come I can't make Zebrawood look that good?:(

Nice lookin' pen Steve!

Bernie Weishapl
05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Beautiful pen Steve. Nice to see the Olly getting broken in. Thanks for sharing.

Tim Beauregard
05-10-2006, 3:59 PM
It's purty Steve!

I read in a different post that you pushed a twist mechanism in too far in a different pen so it doesn't conceal the tip when you retract it.

I've done that too and one day I aim to get a kit for disassembling pens, so you can rescue pens from mistakes like that.
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/disass.html

Regards,
Tim B.

Keith Burns
05-10-2006, 5:17 PM
Way to go Steve ! Nice pen:) :) The adventure begins.....................

Ernie Nyvall
05-10-2006, 5:50 PM
And a darn fine pen it is. I'll bet the coworker was happy. Thanks for showing.

Ernie

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-10-2006, 6:08 PM
Tried this earlier. Guess I forgot to post it.

Big GREEN did right by the Zebra, but "Where's The BIG STUFF?" Do you want green to grow up feelin' inferior and wimpy?

BTW......................YOU did pretty good on the Zebra, too. Didn't buck you off!

Bruce