PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: Year of the Neanderthal Man

Rolf Safferthal
05-10-2006, 4:19 AM
Did you know:

In 2006 Germany celebrates the Year of the Neanderthal Man.

150 years ago remains of Neanderthal Men were discovered at Neanderthal, Germany.

Dan Racette
05-10-2006, 12:58 PM
And doesn't most history state that they were resourceful with tools?

Ganthan Rhodes
05-11-2006, 1:15 AM
I understand that many of the males were found clutching planes, handsaws, and chisels. Several females, however, were found with their arms crossed and frowns.

Brett Baldwin
05-11-2006, 2:39 PM
I wasn't aware that Neanderthal was a place. It makes perfect sense but I had never actually noted that the discovery place was Neanderthal, Germany. Thanks Rolf, that's at least one thing I've learned today.

Alan DuBoff
05-11-2006, 2:44 PM
I wasn't aware that Neanderthal was a place. It makes perfect sense but I had never actually noted that the discovery place was Neanderthal, Germany. Thanks Rolf, that's at least one thing I've learned today.When I told my wife about it, she said that must be where Birkenstocks were created... :rolleyes:

Rolf Safferthal
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Soory folks,

we travelled for a month, so I didn`t check the thread until now.

No, Neanderthal is definitely not the birthplace of Birkenstocks. They come from the same genealogical tree as the Dutch Wooden Shoes. ;) And these are - to my knowledge - stoped from Holland undergroung mines. :D

Chris Padilla
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Hmmm, what will happen if Germany wins the World Cup?? ;)

Rolf Safferthal
06-20-2006, 1:26 PM
...don`t know, maybe the world will turn around (and we all hang down on the wrong side) :D