PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for turners to contact during trip.

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-09-2006, 5:23 PM
As some of you know, in about 10 days, I'm going to be taking a little trip.:D It starts in Peoria and goes to:

Philladelphia

London

Harwick

Stockholm

Oslo

Copenhagan

Helsinki

St Petersburg

Tallin.

I'm planning on meeting with Alan Turner while in Philly, and will probably stop at PSI while I'm there.

Just wondering if there is anyone around here that might have time to meet and chitchat.

You can PM me any time before May 15.

Bruce;)

Dennis Peacock
05-09-2006, 6:06 PM
London, Arkansas? Cool!!!! Holler at me Bruce!! :p ;)

John Shuk
05-09-2006, 6:18 PM
Wish you were coming thru NY Bruce.

Jim Becker
05-09-2006, 7:09 PM
Let me know when you're hooking up with Alan... ;)

Bill Grumbine
05-09-2006, 8:45 PM
Hi Bruce

I am only visiting home lately with my own travels, but if you are in Philly, you are only an hour from me. Perhaps I might be able to get together with you and some of the others in our area when you are here.

Bill

Brad Schmid
05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Bruce,

What date are you in London?

In 2 weeks, I'll be in Amsterdam, The Hague, Delft, Arnhem, maybe Eindhoven, and then London for 2 days before coming back to Houston. It'd be kinda cool to go all the way to London to meet a creeker from Illinois;)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
What...........?

Not Tokyo? :D

I'm going to Austria in June.

Cheers!

Andy Hoyt
05-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Bruce - You're wasting money with all that travel.

You can go to Norway, Paris, China, Stockholm, Naples, Poland, Wales, Carthage, Madrid, Athens, Caanan, Palmyra, Moscow, Lebanon, York, The Orient, St. Croix, Smyrna, Corea, Verona, Belfast, Frankfort, Troy, Palermo, Rome, Vienna, Denmark, Mexico, Peru, and Benton Falls without ever crossing an international border, or leave Maine.

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-10-2006, 1:11 AM
Dennis................HOLLER????? Does that mean "Call ME?" The Brits are SO PROPER, don't you know.:p

John...............Sorry...................Flight was cheaper from Newark (Got my Kevlar ready).:o

Jim and Bill ............... Alan and I have tentatively come up with the afternoon of May 24 at his new furniture school. Would LOVE to meet you folks, too.:)

Brad .......... Probably should have explained London better. :( Arriving at Heathrow on the 26th and boarding a shuttle bus to the pier in Harwich, which is where we board our cruise ship. If there's a chance you could be at Heathrow on the 26th, I'll find out when we arrive and exactly how much time we have before leaving for the ship.

Stu ............... Sorry, Tokyo's in the wrong Hemisphere for this trip. Hope you have a great time in Austria Mein Herr.:cool:

Andy .............. I KNOW................BUT LOML and I made a pact in 1988, after our first cruise. As long as I scheduled another cruise, she would continue to put up with me and as soon as she was able to save enough, we would take another one. This is number 17. I tell you.............. That LADY is FRUGAL! BTW I know about ALL of the cities you mentioned, here in the states, except WHERE"S THE HECK IS BENTON FALLS?????????:D :D :D

Bruce;)

Jim Becker
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Bruce, I'll put the date for Alan's shop in my calendar...no promises...I may need to be in LA that week.

Bill Grumbine
05-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Jim and Bill ............... Alan and I have tentatively come up with the afternoon of May 24 at his new furniture school. Would LOVE to meet you folks, too.:)

Hi Bruce

That isn't going to work for me for a couple of reasons, but I am sure that Alan will show you a good time. Maybe the next time!

Bill

Brad Schmid
05-12-2006, 2:12 PM
Brad .......... Probably should have explained London better. :( Arriving at Heathrow on the 26th and boarding a shuttle bus to the pier in Harwich, which is where we board our cruise ship. If there's a chance you could be at Heathrow on the 26th, I'll find out when we arrive and exactly how much time we have before leaving for the ship.

Bruce;)

Bruce,
Oh man, almost! I leave out in the morning of the 26th to come back to Houston! Well, guess it'll have to be some other time. Have a great trip!
Cheers,
Brad