PDA

View Full Version : Info On Norm's Stile Router Table Holddown

Peter DeFazio
02-22-2003, 3:15 PM
Hi All,

Was watching Norm on PBS today. He was cutting stiles on his router table. He used a Holddown that fits into the miter slot. Much more stable than using a plain old miter guage His has a quick release clamp, etc.

Does anyone know who makes this thing, and wher I can get more info?

Thanks,
Pete

Dar Lounsbury
02-22-2003, 5:18 PM
Many companies make these. They are accessories for shapers. Mine is Delta but Powermatic, Jet Grizzley and ShopFox all make one. I think Norm's is one of several types of Deltas.;)

Dave Crabbs
02-22-2003, 5:27 PM
Is this the jig you are asking about? If so here is some information on it.Delta Website (http://www.deltawoodworking.com/catalog/default.asp?cat_id=38&model_no=43-188)
Dave

Peter DeFazio
02-22-2003, 6:19 PM
Thanks!

Rod Peterson
02-23-2003, 8:38 PM
> <i><font color="blue">Was watching Norm on PBS today. He was cutting stiles on his router table. He used a Holddown that fits into the miter slot. Much more stable than using a plain old miter guage His has a quick release clamp, etc. </font></i>

> <i><font color="blue">Does anyone know who makes this thing, and wher I can get more info? </font></i>

For your future edification, you can almost always find the answer to that sort of NYW question in the <b>Norm's Tools</b> section of my website.

<a href=http://www.woodbutcher.net>woodbutcher.net</a>

Peter DeFazio
02-23-2003, 9:01 PM
Thanks Rod, I'll check it out

Martin Shupe
02-24-2003, 9:30 AM
Check it out...you won't believe it.

If you have ANY, and I do mean ANY question about Norm or NYW, Rod's our man. If he can't get (or does not already have) the answer, NOBODY can.

Rod, I am glad you are here. I can't imagine a woodworking forum without your knowledge.

Albany by tomorrow mornin' (another week of snow)...

Jerry P. Doan
02-24-2003, 6:56 PM
Where is the least expensive place to buy this shaper holddown currently?

Peter DeFazio
02-24-2003, 9:51 PM
Ordered Mine From Amazon. 98.00 No Shipping Charges.

Should have it by Friday.