PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly bear Clip Art

Tom Cullen
05-08-2006, 5:34 PM
Would anyone happen to have any Grizzly bear clip art ? I'm looking for bear clipart ( EPS ) that looks mighty fearce, not the cute cartoon type.

Thank You All
Tom

Rick Doyle
05-08-2006, 6:23 PM
hi tom,

you might want to try doing a google search 'grizzly bears + clip art'. i'm sure you'll find lots of interesting pics - and some scary ones too!

Tom Cullen
05-08-2006, 6:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Rick,
I have done a Google but seem to keep coming up with the cute cartoon type clip art. I'm looking for something a little more frightning,a bear you wouldn't want to run into in the forest LOL! I have seen some that look good but they don't hold up very well when engraved on Black marble or Granite. Need something with clean lines and sizeable more like EPS format.

Thanks
Tom

Dave Jones
05-08-2006, 7:20 PM
If you have CorelDraw there are a couple of them in the clipart disc. At least with the X3 set (I would assume the same ones have been included for a few versions). There are several different types scattered through Clipart > Animals > Animal Kingdom.

Tom Cullen
05-08-2006, 7:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dave ,
I have draw 12 and will take a look to see what they have.

Tom

Keith Outten
05-08-2006, 7:54 PM
Tom,

I have the Tattoo-Art CD's, below is a couple of the Grizzly bears that JD Crowe has in his Engravers and Vector Art collection. All the art work on the CD's includes eps files.

Tom Cullen
05-08-2006, 8:29 PM
WOW! thanks keith ,
Thats exactly the type of art work I was looking for . How much is the CD and does he have it online? perfect!

Tom

Keith Outten
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Tom,

Here is the link to the Engravers Art;
http://www.tattoo-art.com/engravers/index.html
Here is the link to the Vector Art;
http://www.tattoo-art.com/vector/index.html

I haven't discussed it with JD for some time but I have all of his Engraver and Vector artwork converted to Corel Draw drawings and I have the CD's ready to send to him. The Vector art is also really nice for sandblasting and CNC routing. JD does mostly Tattoo stuff but his work engraves really nice. I need to look at his other files to see what might be good for dye-sublimation work.

If you contact him tell JD that I sent you :)

Here is one of JD's wolves an Indian Chief and I'll throw in a Wizard...

Tom Cullen
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks again Keith,
You have been a great help and i will contact JD very soon.

Many Thanks
Tom

Michael McDuffie
05-09-2006, 2:05 PM
WOW.

Wish I'd had those when I had the display at the craft store in SeaTac Mall. Woulda sold like hotcakes.

Michael

Keith Outten
05-09-2006, 4:33 PM
I learned quickly that good artwork is worth the price you pay. Trying to develope your own graphics is time consuming and although you have to do it sometimes it is nice to have a large collection of quality artwork for the day to day jobs.

Vector art is hard to find and is very valuable for engraving and routing. Raster art is never the right size and having to live with poor quality graphics isn't an option. Anytime I find good artwork that is available I purchase it without hesitation.

If enough people show an interest in JD Crowe's artwork I would bet that he would start developing vector graphics that were geared more toward engraving.

Mark Plotkin
05-09-2006, 9:54 PM
Keith,

Quick question, I looked at the web site and like the artwork. I am interested in one of the engravers cd. Are the files eps? and can you remove the fill so they could be used to laser a sandblasting mask with just outlines?

again, thanks for all your help and the time YOU spend on the site, it is a real help to us in the field!

MP

Keith Outten
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Mark,

All of the graphics on the Tattoo-Art Engravers CD are in EPS, JPG and TIFF formats on the CD. You can easily edit the EPS files to remove fills, node edit or whatever function you prefer.

I can send you one of the EPS files if you would like to experiment, just let me know.

Thanks for the kind words, your welcome :)

Keith

Mark Plotkin
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
keith,

an eps sample would be great.
thanks.

Mark Plotkin

Ray Mighells
05-15-2006, 7:06 PM
Keith; I tried to order a couple CDs on-line but the checkout section is not a secure site. Do you have a phone #? He has some very nice art work. Ray Mighells

Keith Outten
05-15-2006, 9:55 PM
Ray,

I will get you a phone number tomorrow and get back to you here.