PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Incra 1000se

Liem Tran
05-08-2006, 5:06 PM
I just bought the Incra 1000se miter gauge from Woodcraft. The instructions that came with it is very confusing. How do you zero the stop and scale to the blade? Are you suppose to slide the tape? Any info on it's less obvious functions would help.

Thanks,
Liem

Vaughn McMillan
05-08-2006, 5:15 PM
Liem, the short answer is yes, you slide the tape. Part way down in this thread there are pics describing how I zero mine out:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26906

That thread also has some discussion about adding a sacrificial face to the Incra...something I've found to be very useful.

I hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Samuel Brooks
05-08-2006, 5:27 PM
This one left me scratching my head for awhile too.

Loosen the screws and move the fence to as close the blade as you want, I have mine about 1/4 inch from the blade then tighen the screws.

Move the ruler to the right edge of the fences it should not hang over.

Here is the part important part.

The drop down the stop has a bar that is held in-place by two thumb screws. Loosen those screws then move the bar at the end of the stop that is the actual stop for the wood to the right. This accounts for the offset of the blade to the end the fence, in my case 1/4". So that bar is 1/4" to the right of the thumb screw closes to the blade.

I have a 10" piece of scrapt that I marked and I use that to check my setup when I move the gage around. I also used a marker and after everything was aligned and test cuts made and measured I put a mark on the fence/mitre gage so I can quickly reset the fence for a 90 degree cut which is my most used one.

Hope this helps.

The 1000SE was a GREAT upgrade to any Table Saw.

I also purchased the LS Table Saw Fence at the same time. It is one of the best tool upgrades if not the best, that I own in my shop and the LS Table Saw Fence has made the biggest impact on the quality of my projects. http://www.woodpeck.com/tslssystem.html I just wish I had gone for the 52" rails and not the 32" because it is going to cost me alot to upgrade next year :(

Happy Sawing.

PS remember to move the fence to the left when you install a dado blade :eek: . My Freud really cuts the 1000SE fence nicely. It just took 1/8" by 1/8" off the edge so no harm, but it really burned me when I reallised what I had done.:mad:

Sam Brooks

Liem Tran
05-09-2006, 3:18 AM
Thanks guys. I think I understand now. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. You guys both did a great job explaining the setup.
I really don't understand why Incra can't provide better instructions than the ones that came with the 1000se. Vaughn maybe you should contact them and offer to write the instructions for them.;)

Thanks
Liem