PDA

View Full Version : 2K posts and counting...

Lee DeRaud
05-08-2006, 12:20 PM
A long way behind Becker/Miliunas/etc, but hey, still a good number!:cool:

Don Baer
05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Andy Hoyt is gonna be hard to catch also. He's got less time registered but a lot pore posts..

Steve Clardy
05-08-2006, 1:11 PM
Yea. I hit 4000 the other day.
If Becker took a year off, I'd still never catch him.

tod evans
05-08-2006, 1:23 PM
congratulations lee!

Andy Hoyt
05-08-2006, 1:41 PM
Andy Hoyt is gonna be hard to catch also. He's got less time registered but a lot pore posts..

Freud could have fun with that one, Don. More or poor?

But not me, I'll just maintain the margarine.

Chris Padilla
05-09-2006, 7:55 PM
Just call me "etc" I guess..... ;)

Steve Clardy
05-09-2006, 8:25 PM
Just call me "etc" I guess..... ;)

Brother "etc" ???:eek: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Roger Bell
05-09-2006, 9:27 PM
I really don't understand this quantity-oriented "post count" business.....can someone explain it to me?

Chris Padilla
05-10-2006, 8:42 PM
No big deal...personally I'd prefer that it wasn't counted and tallied up for everyone to see. Some folks thinks it gives them some leeway and prestige and experience on the forum. Often, those folks who post a lot are then well-known and that can help egos some...usually in a bad way.

It is like some guy with 4000 posts can "come down" on someone with only a 100 posts 'cause no one knows the 100-poster guy. That doesn't really happen much on this forum but it certainly does on other forums. Really, it is all quite silly IMO.

Lee DeRaud
05-10-2006, 8:55 PM
I really don't understand this quantity-oriented "post count" business.....can someone explain it to me?It's the software's way of telling us we're spending too much time online and not enough time in the workshop.:p

John Miliunas
05-10-2006, 9:00 PM
Congrats, Lee! :) Keep 'em coming, as I have found many valuable and/or entertaining posts coming from you! :)

As for my own count, what can I say? I've got a big mouth and I touch-type! :D That and I have easy computer access both, at home and work. As for "prestige" or "leeway" or "ego", I can only ask that if anyone notes that in any of my posts, that they please jump all over my stuff!!! We have a number of folks out here with multi-K posts and, maybe it's because of the friendly atmosphere, I don't see any of that happening. :) In the final analysis, though, I was indeed one of the ones way back when who "voted" to not even include a post count. Personally, I value most every post out there, whether it be from a "veteran" SMC-er or the person jumping on with their first or second post. :) :cool:

Steve Ash
05-10-2006, 9:33 PM
Congrats...I was quiet until I found the turners forum....Keep em coming, I enjoy them.:cool:

Joe Mioux
05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I feel Sooooooooooo inadequate!:D :eek:

Joe