PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Hardware

Richard Jones
05-06-2006, 8:19 PM
I'm turning some small/med/lg beads with some of the pen cut offs that I have for a necklace for the wife. Lyptus, teak, pink ivory, purple plum, etc. Am trying to locate a GOOD place to buy GOOD hardware for the wire, etc.

Can one of you fine folks point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, hope everyone has a great evening. Will post some bead pics if anyone is interested...............

Rich in VA

Brad Hart
05-06-2006, 8:31 PM
hobby lobby and michaels if you have them close or ebay is always an option and without a doubt the biggest selection. Most of the sellers of findings and stuff probably do so to finance their own hobby so should be pretty helpful in finding you what ever you want and know how best to use it.

John Hart
05-07-2006, 5:32 AM
I spend a lot of time browsing through the aisles of craft stores looking for little doo-dads and stuff. I'd like to add Jo-Ann Fabrics to the list of suggestions. They have a nice selection of beading accessories (real gold and silver). The prices are good too.
My problem is that I'll get hooked and start imagining all the different things I can Turn and end up buying piles of stuff I never use.:o

Richard Jones
05-07-2006, 5:14 PM
Thanks guys, I'll hit Michael's next time I'm in the big city.

The wife saw a couple of necklaces in one of Raffan's books and that was that.

Rich (destined to become the best darn necklace bead turner in this here county)

Christopher K. Hartley
05-07-2006, 5:24 PM
I spend a lot of time browsing through the aisles of craft stores looking for little doo-dads and stuff. I'd like to add Jo-Ann Fabrics to the list of suggestions. They have a nice selection of beading accessories (real gold and silver). The prices are good too.
My problem is that I'll get hooked and start imagining all the different things I can Turn and end up buying piles of stuff I never use.:o

John...Shhhhhush be careful which doors you open around this group...you never know what they will respond with.

Brad Hart
05-08-2006, 6:29 AM
oh yeah less expensive brass & nickle jewelery findings and especially I-pins are great for small christmas ornaments