PDA

View Full Version : Broadband, no more waiting to see pics!

Ned Bulken
05-06-2006, 7:57 PM
Upgraded to a cable service for my ISP this week. WOW what a difference! Providing it is available wherever we move to (in a year or two) I cannot ever see us going back to dial up. :cool::cool:

I've even signed up for MLB's gameday audio, so I can listen to my Mets play when I'm on the computer. I also watch them, but I love listening to the call on the FAN.
:D

Jim Becker
05-06-2006, 8:18 PM
What's "dial-up"???????????? (Yea...there is NO going back)

I won't even book a hotel that doesn't have high-speed access...

John Shuk
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Just think pretty soon Verizon FIOS will be working in Syracuse. Then you can really move fast!

Fred Voorhees
05-07-2006, 4:23 PM
Yeah Ned, I don't think I've EVER heard anyone say they could "go back" to dial up once they experienced high speed internet. God, you could eat lunch while you wait for something to load with dial up. :D

Bruce Page
05-07-2006, 4:47 PM
Ned, welcome to the fast lane! There ain't no going back!!

Jim Becker
05-07-2006, 9:02 PM
Just think pretty soon Verizon FIOS will be working in Syracuse.

Yea, and I hope they get to work on the fiber that is actually now on my poles sometime in the recent future so I can move to fiber, too. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...but you knew that. ;)

Frank Fusco
05-11-2006, 7:48 PM
Saw a commercial last night for Hughes.net. This is a staellite high-speed internet service that can be installed anywhere, even the most remote areas that might not even have telephone service.

Corey Hallagan
05-11-2006, 9:17 PM
I agree, it's the best thing since..... well... dial up!

Corey

Eddie Watkins
05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
THis is a really cruel discussion for those of us that have to tolerate dial-up.:( I am eleigible to retire but I just can't give up my broadband connection at work;) .

Eddie

Ned Bulken
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
OK,
I distinctly remember using a 300 baud accoustic hookup modem to dial in to my college computer lab. talk about slow...

John Daugherty
05-15-2006, 11:27 AM
We moved a couple years ago. I had to go from DSL back to dial-up. :( Can't get cable either. I connect at a blazing 28.8 now.