PDA

View Full Version : The Shop at 6 Months

glenn bradley
05-05-2006, 9:42 PM
Hi All,

I've only been in this house for 6 months but, here's the shop so far . . .

My faithful worktable; the first and last project to be built on the garage floor.

There's a 30-odd year old Craftsman tablesaw under there somewhere.

My flip to Mitersaw / Planer stand. Sure saves space, and my back.

My baby Delta DP after some modifications.

The DC for the tablesaw / router table.

Douglas Robinson
05-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Glen:

Your shop is obviously a garage shop. Is it a one or two-bay set up? What is you layout of tools? Are most on wheels? I am moving the end of June to NC and will be setting up my shop is a single bay, 11.5 x 22.5. Just curious.

Doug

glenn bradley
05-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I got lucky. When I was house shopping it was very difficult to get it through to the realtor that I was looking for a garage that just happened to have somewhere to sleep attached. The garage is 22 x 30 thanks to a fourth bedroom option that was not exercised by the original purchaser. Here's the basic layout.

P.s. Living in So Cal, my car has never lived in a garage. . . ah luxury.

glenn bradley
05-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Follow up: The tablesaw, DP, worktable, BS and fliptop station are all on wheels. If I had to I could relocate as required and occupy much less space. Tools are like water; they will flow to fit any available space, I just happened to get lucky with this house.

Rob Wilson
05-09-2006, 1:42 PM
Glenn,
I like your dp table. Is that your own design? Would you happen to have a couple of other shots of it, or perhaps a sketch.
Rob