View Full Version : Oneida's shipping is FAST!

Michael Gabbay
05-05-2006, 9:16 PM
Well my 3hp Super Dust Gorilla is here! Not here here but at the terminal. I got the shipping email at 12:00 today and when I called the terminal to get the details on terminal pick ups they said that the cyclone was waiting for me. Man that's fast!!! Oneida must have found a worm hole between Syracuse and Herndon. :D

I was unable to get to the terminal today. Sunday I'm picking up a u-haul trailer and will pick it up first thing Monday morning. I don't think I'll be able to get it in my Honda Pilot. I need to get it and drop it off at my house in time to be at work by 10:00. It should be a mad dash.

Hopefully, Sunday I can mount the 2x4s to the concrete wall in the shop. I'm going to use the standard wall mount bracket. I've been debating on whether or not to buy the stand.

And so that Tyler won't get all wierd on me... I'll have pictures Monday of the pick up. ;)

Mike

Larry Norton
05-05-2006, 9:29 PM
Hot Dog! If I didn't have a dentist appointment on Monday morning, I'd come over and get it in my truck. I'm just about ready to order mine, so I'll come over soon and check it out.

Michael Gabbay
05-06-2006, 8:04 AM
Larry - I'll wait for Alden to start the Ford vs. Dodge thread! :D

Thanks for the offer. With gas prices the way they are it would cost you more to drive here to help me than the entire cost of the unit! Once I get it setup you are more than welcome to stop by and take a look. Actually if you want to help that would be great too.

Mike

Jim Becker
05-06-2006, 9:38 AM
Michael, congratulations. And you really do need help to mount the blower/motor assembly...it's not a one person job. Really.

Bob Michaels
05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Michael - You'll love it - I have the same unit. Jim is right, it's not a one man job. That motor is really top heavy. I solved that issue by renting an equipment lift for $35 and it worked like a charm. The one I rented had wheels and a hand crank with pulleys which operated forks on the front. I also had an issue with the wall bracket sagging which I solved with threaded rod from the ceiling joists which held the external filter plumb.

Jim Becker
05-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I solved that issue by renting an equipment lift for $35 and it worked like a charm.

A few portions of an "adult beverage" (after the job) is far less expensive than renting a lift and the camaraderie of having a friend help is really nice!! ;)

Michael Gabbay
05-07-2006, 4:47 PM
My neighbor said he'd help me out. I am going to order the stand in the morning so it will be another week probably. The Tapcon screws don't give me a lot of comfort with the vibration and the weight.

Alden Miller
05-08-2006, 9:27 AM
I'll help (but only if your neighbor stiffs you).

Combine fuel prices and the toll on the Dulles Greenway and I am feeling the pinch...

-Alden

Ken Styer
05-08-2006, 1:20 PM
I have the original Gorilla with the 2 hp Baldor. I bought some 1 1/4 X 1/8 angle iron and fabricated a stand to support the front of the dc. My son helped me put the motor/blower assembly in place on the wall mount brackets and then my son-in-law put the fabricated stand in place. It works great and cost me less then $15.00 to build. All it is, is two upright angle irons with two cross angle irons. The upper cross angle is welded in place. The lower one I had to leave out until I had the cyclone in place. It's now bolted in place.

Mike Waddell
05-08-2006, 7:27 PM
Hi Mike -

Congratulations! My offer to help with the install still stands. Just say the word.

Got some travel coming up, but if I'm in town, I'm there.

MW

Michael Gabbay
05-08-2006, 7:37 PM
Mike - I've been meaning to call but work has be outragious!:eek:

Alden - I think between my neighbor and Mike I should have things covered. You are off the hook for now. Maybe a cookout is in order soon.... You can get your passports ready.:D

I just picked everything up from Manassas. In the midst of everything there was a shooting at the police station in Centerville. So a 40 minute trip turned into over an hour!!!

So far I've checked everyting and it seems ok. I ordered the stand today and it shipped so I should have it by Thursday with the rest of the duct work.

My plan is to work on the stand and basic cyclone assembly this weekend. Next weekend I shoul dbe ready to move the existing ductwork and assemble the new duct work.

Hopefully pictures to come later this week. I need to reinstall my photo program since the other PC is down right now.

Mike