PDA

View Full Version : Last Few Days For "Dirty Turning" Entries

Christopher K. Hartley
05-05-2006, 3:59 PM
As of now there are 15 entries in the "Dirty Turning" Event. Cut-off is midnight Sunday. If you haven't placed your entry as yet please do so. I will be posting Phase 2 instructions this weekend. The drawing will start on Monday evening and could last a few days. Thre neat thing is that only two entries are the same type of wood and it seems to be a type that is quite popular. Those of you in the event let's start encouraging others to be a part as well. Thanks

Christopher K. Hartley
05-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Beginning Monday, we will begin the drawing and stealing process for the wood that each participant will receive. Here is how it will work:
Each entry has been assigned a drawing order which is the same as the order they submitted their entry in.
I will prepare slips of paper with numbers on them. One for each of the entries.
I will announce the person who is first and my wife will draw from a bowl a number. That number will be the number of one of the entries and will designate the wood that that person is to receive.
I will then post the wood that has been drawn and all the information about it.
We will then move on to the second round. This person, before drawing, will have the choice of doing the drawing or stealing:eek: the previous persons wood. In the event they choose to steal, the person stolen from will draw again but will not be able to steal:mad: .
The third and all following rounds are the same as round two with the exception that when stealing a person can steal from any of the previously drawn wood.
Once a piece of wood is stolen the third time it ill not be able to be stolen again:( . After the last round the person from round one will have the chance to steal if they choose to do so:p .
Once completed each person will mail the their wood to the the person who will be receiving it.
Are there any questions?

Jim Dunn
05-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Ummmmmmm Yes? I think? I'll ask later after I soak up the above paragraphs.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Ummmmmmm Yes? I think? I'll ask later after I soak up the above paragraphs.

Never FEAR...we'll walk through it step by step...

John Hart
05-06-2006, 5:35 AM
Sounds good to me. I have no questions....just a thought....If I steal my own entry, I save on shipping!!;) :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-06-2006, 6:02 AM
Chris...... have you done this before? :D

Cheers!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-06-2006, 6:52 AM
Chris...... have you done this before? :D

Cheers!

Only at Christmas when we play "Dirty Santa".;)

Christopher K. Hartley
05-06-2006, 3:49 PM
For those who need to review the basic entry rules:
Everyone wanting to participate would agree to the following:
Select a blank of native wood, to your area of the country.
Send picture of wood to me by May 7th, at midnight.
Wood can not be purchased at a lumber store or on the internet.
The blank must not be smaller than 4” x 4” x 4” and not larger than 8” x 8” x 8”.
Send pics and discription of the wood including size to me at hartleck1@houston.rr.com
Participant agrees to send the blank at their expense to the determined receiver.
The receiver agrees to create a project and post pictures of the results at an agreed upon, by the group time, between 30 and 60 days after all have received their wood.

Jeff Horton
05-06-2006, 9:49 PM
Sounds fun now that I have my confidence back! ;)

Finally decided on a peice of wood too. Just have to chain saw the blank up and photo it. Should have done that earlier today but I just decided on what to donate.