PDA

View Full Version : 1 and 2 quart stainless mixing bowl Where?

Ed Lang
05-05-2006, 3:09 PM
I am looking for a supplier of small stainless mixing bowls to be used for pet feeding dishes. I will be buying in quanity so a GREAT price is what I need. The bowls need to have a lip around the top.

Any suggestions as to where to look for them would be helpful.

Michael Stafford
05-05-2006, 3:58 PM
Best place to find what you want is at a restaurant supply house but I don't think it will be the best price.

Jim O'Dell
05-05-2006, 4:25 PM
Ed, many of the online pet "stores" have them, sometimes you can get a quantity purchase price. Pet Edge comes to mind off the top of my head, as well as Omaha Vaccine. If those don't have prices you're looking for, PM me and I'll did through the catalogs we get. Oh, UPCO is another one. I know there are about 15 more that we get catalogues for that I can't remember here at work. I'd even try petsmart.com. I found they had a special a couple years ago on metal fold down crates. Good prices and shipping was 7.50 no matter how many were on the order. (I got 5 :D ) Let me know. Jim.

ps maybe google: wholesale stainless dishes and see what happens.

John Shuk
05-05-2006, 7:14 PM
Pet stores are usually overpriced as far as I've seen. Restaraunt supply would be your best bet I think.

Doug Shepard
05-05-2006, 7:51 PM
I buy a fair amount of pet stuff at jefferspet.com. Might be worth a look to see if they have what you're after and if so, how much.

Michael Gibbons
05-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Doesn't hurt to check out your local dollar store.

Ed Lang
05-06-2006, 6:25 AM
I will check out all of the above.

My first buy will be 100 to 150 of them so I don't expect the local pet shops can help.

If you think of anyplace else, please let me know.

Jim DeLaney
05-06-2006, 6:38 AM
I bought four of them - for the same purpose you want them for - for 99¢ each at Big Lots. They don't always have them instock, though.

Doug Shepard
05-06-2006, 6:58 AM
I will check out all of the above.

My first buy will be 100 to 150 of them so I don't expect the local pet shops can help.

If you think of anyplace else, please let me know.

That a LOT of dogs. Don't even want to think of how long pooper-scooper patrol is going to take you.

I just checked Jeffers
The 1 qt (currently on sale) is 1.89 and the 2 qt is 2.95
These are the wide lipped type
http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=DKUDAGS7671C8PFF0W548GXTQQ03D2S5
Their standard SS bowls are 0.79 & 1.89 respectively
http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=DKUDAGS7671C8PFF0W548GXTQQ03D2S5
However, I wouldn't order them online. I think Jeffers is the kind of place that would discount them further for an order of 100-150 of them. If their prices are in the ballpark I'd call or email them to see what they say.

Edited:
Oops - Cant get their links to work right. Type 'bowls' in their search box. The lipped type show up at top left and the std ones a bit further down on the right when the results appear.