PDA

View Full Version : The girl and the frog

Jim Becker
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Some of you may remember that we have a frog named...Frogalina...that has been with us for three years now. She lives in our pond and presumably helps keep the nasty flying critters at bay. This morning, Frogalina was enjoying a romp out of the pond and Alesya joined in the fun. This creature was remarkably patient with a squirmy girl-child nearby, although she eventually did leap back into the pond with a big splash...

Don Baer
05-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Jim,
Are you sure the frog is a she and not a he :rolleyes: . Tell your daughter to kiss the frog and see if it turns into a prince..:D

Jim Becker
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Yea, Don. It's a green frog (http://www.enature.com/fieldguides/detail.asp?recnum=AR0027) and as best as we could determine, female. For a nocturnal creature, she sure loves her sunbathing!

Lee DeRaud
05-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Jim, are you sure the frog is a she and not a he :rolleyes: . Tell your daughter to kiss the frog and see if it turns into a prince..:DBut if he's right, it'll turn into Rosie O'Donnell.

(Sorry, way too good a setup line to let pass.:p )

Joe Tonich
05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
That's cool. :D :D

Dunno if it will work, but we're gonna try and get some tadpoles from a local pond/lake. Might as well try while the fish are small and can't eat em.

Lars Thomas
05-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Reading the thread title, I thought you had tought your daughter to adjust hand planes. . . I couldn't figure out why you had put in the O/T forum. Ah Huh, now I understand. Lars

Jerry Olexa
05-05-2006, 1:00 PM
Good pics.. You and the Nikon captured it well