PDA

View Full Version : Couple new old toys

Todd Davidson
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Howdy ~

Had the good fortune to acquire a couple new tools recently.

The first is a Rockwell 14" Bandsaw model #28-200. It's missing a couple knobs, needs new tires, a new belt, new blocks - little stuff. Need to call Delta tomorrow to try to get a manual. Has a 1/2hp motor that I want to upgrade to 1hp. Anybody know of a good source for a 1hp? How about if a new Delta riser block is compatible?

The second is a never used Craftsman 1hp (6amp) router made in 1963. This is one nice solid little router. I dig the triggered handle. The coolest thing though is that it came with the box it was originally shipped in (with a hand written address label and a postmark of Feb 28, 1964 and cost $0.77 to mail).

In peace, Todd

Nick Englesby
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Nice haul Todd, I think you should build a nice glass display case for the router and frame the shipping label.

I really like the old tools and you have a very lucky find there!

Did I mention that I'm jealous.

Larry Cooke
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Todd,

Nice grab! That band saw ought to be real sweet once you tune her up. Looks to be in good condition too. How much does that router weigh? Looks to be real heavy duty from the pics.

Larry

chester stidham
05-05-2006, 2:34 AM
You might want to try Deltas web for the manual they do have a lot of them that you can down load for free and they have a web parts store that I have used dor parts orders nice find good luck:cool:

Chris Giles
05-05-2006, 6:48 AM
Todd,
If I were you, I would put that router under glass. That is a thing of beauty, and has transcended its previous life as a tool into a work of art. Nice score!

Pete Harbin
05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Nice scores. I have an old 1 HP Craftsman too, but your's is 12 years more senior. Mine runs like a dream, but you's looks way cooler! :D

Enjoy the "new" tools!

Pete