PDA

View Full Version : work bench/ lathe bench

Chuck Beland
05-04-2006, 7:53 PM
Well got 3, 4'x8' sheets of 3/4" plywood rippd down to 3- 9/16" strips for my work bench & my lathe bench
In a room that is 10' x 8' it wasn't fun at all. Definitely my next purchase is a dust collection system. Chuckie was covered in saw dust from head to toe. IT WAS FUN AS HECK!!!!!!!! now if I can only stop sneezing & blowng sawdust out of my nose. LMAO

John Miliunas
05-04-2006, 8:34 PM
Hey, now that's just great, Chuck BUT, where are the pics??? :confused: (Hope it all comes together for you!) :D :cool:

Don Baer
05-04-2006, 8:38 PM
So ya'r say'n ya got a place for the lath and a place to put you turning tools, turned pieces and some turning stock..:D

Alex Shanku
05-04-2006, 9:31 PM
Is this going to be a 5-pc. lamination on the legs? As well as laminated stretchers and aprons?

Chuck Beland
05-05-2006, 3:21 AM
John,
I printed the directions on how to resize pics. Pics coming as soon as I download the pic re-sizer. :D

Don,
will very soon.:D

Alex,
You got it. I got the plans from a friend. one regular workbench and next to it shorter in height is my lathe bench. :D

Pics of completed benches will be taken. I know "no pic it didn't happen" :D

John Hart
05-05-2006, 6:08 AM
Looking forward to pics Chuck. I can relate to the 10 X 8 room and a big piece of plywood. It takes remodeling just to make the first cut!!!

Chuck Beland
05-05-2006, 3:48 PM
Looking forward to pics Chuck. I can relate to the 10 X 8 room and a big piece of plywood. It takes remodeling just to make the first cut!!!

John,
Boy you are not kidding. I haven't bought a dust colecion or a shop vac yet. Saw dust everywhere. I had to wait until today so I can glue up the peices. there was so much dust you could just about see. I put all the dust in a paper bag so I can use it for cracks in my turnings.:D

I called Woodcraft today to see if my slow speed grinder came in yet they said it will be at least a month thecompany had such a great demmand they can't keep up. well looks like i go to get a stone to sharpen my turning tools until my grinder comes in.:mad: