PDA

View Full Version : Yet another DC question

Tim Clark
05-04-2006, 5:49 PM
I recently "splurged" on a cummins DC ( a whopping $100) and the capicity is rated at 1020 CBM/hr. So what is CBM/hr? Does it relate to CFM somehow? It's got a 1hp motor.

It seems to be working fine on my TS so far.

TIA

tod evans
05-04-2006, 5:53 PM
tim, make sure you unplug that piece when you`re not using it there have been some reports of electrical issues with some of the stuff cummins markets, like fires.......02 tod

p.s. no idea what a cbm? is

Kent Fitzgerald
05-04-2006, 8:26 PM
I would think CBM/hr is cubic meters/hr, which converts to 600 CFM.

As for the allegation that Cummins tools are likely to burst into flames, there is one recall for a Cummins air compressor, not DC, for a potential fire hazard. By that logic, you better unplug all your Porter Cable tools as well, because the the 890 series routers were recalled for an electical hazard.

Tim Clark
05-04-2006, 9:26 PM
I have it plugged into my tool activated outlet, which gets unplugged when I shut down for the day.

600 Cfm sounds about right after some of the reading I've done today. 1 hp, 9" impeller, 4" port. Now I have to re-configure my jury rigged dust chute in my TS. It's choked down to 1.5" pvc (to adapt to my vac). I'll be fiddling with that tomorrow and open it up to 4" all the way through..

Thanks for the help. I know I can always get a straight answer here at the Creek.

Nite all,