PDA

View Full Version : cool clamp rack

John Gregory
05-04-2006, 1:59 PM
I found this in another forum. But I thought it was a nice design for a clamp rack, that is a space saver too.

I don't know this gentleman, but I am impress with this project.
Space saving clamp rack (http://woodworking.phruksawan.com/clampCabinet/)

mark koopman
05-04-2006, 2:35 PM
Very Cool,

I've been thinking about making a clamp rack for a while now...maybe some iteration of this would work. Thanks for the link.

-Mark

Larry James
05-04-2006, 2:36 PM
John, thanks for posting the link - a why didn't I think of that idea.

Larry

Julio Navarro
05-04-2006, 2:58 PM
Youre right, very very interesting. Definately a space saver and looks very easy to make, a definate plus.

Jim Becker
05-04-2006, 3:16 PM
That's a very nice, space-saving idea.

Steve Clardy
05-04-2006, 4:13 PM
Cool. Nice idea!! I have cabinet masters, besseys every where, as where my original 28 are on the wall, the wall is full.

Pete Harbin
05-04-2006, 4:13 PM
That is a cool idea! I've added it to my idea pile.

Pete

Ken Belisle
05-04-2006, 4:34 PM
Nice idea...........time to save those pic's for future reference. I can see a pair of those in my future. Then I'd have to buy more clamps to fill them up. :D :D :D

Frank Pellow
05-04-2006, 8:16 PM
Good idea!

There is still lots of space in my current clamp rack, but I will keep this in mind should I ever fill it.

Joe Mioux
05-04-2006, 8:19 PM
That's a peach.

I wonder how much weight something like that would hold?

Larry Cooke
05-04-2006, 10:34 PM
This is a keeper for me John, thanks!

Though, I have to wonder if I could handle having things so well organized... :)

Larry

Todd Davidson
05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks John!

I need to come up with something better than the doors to my fastener and hadrware cabinet............

chester stidham
05-05-2006, 2:39 AM
Thanks hope you don't mind I made a copy of it for my files looks like just what I need another project so meny projects so little time ha :rolleyes:

Christian Aufreiter
05-05-2006, 1:08 PM
Thanks for sharing, John. Great idea.

Christian

Jim Becker
05-05-2006, 1:29 PM
Cool. Nice idea!! I have cabinet masters, besseys every where, as where my original 28 are on the wall, the wall is full.

Steve, be sure to consider weight on this hinged idea, especially with the heavier parallel jaw clamps. It may require more/heavier hinges as well as VERY SECURE mounting to the wall to pull it off. But I really do like the idea and may even try it sometime as my Bessey collection is fairly large.

Steve Clardy
05-05-2006, 1:36 PM
Steve, be sure to consider weight on this hinged idea, especially with the heavier parallel jaw clamps. It may require more/heavier hinges as well as VERY SECURE mounting to the wall to pull it off. But I really do like the idea and may even try it sometime as my Bessey collection is fairly large.

Yes. I have some industrial 1/8"x2" piano type hinges, comes in 8' lengths, that will hold up a elephant;)

Vince Sandy
05-05-2006, 3:38 PM
Thanks for posting that John. It's probably the best idea for a clamp rack in my small workspace. I'm thinking that for a larger version you could use a solid plywood back, piano hinges (as suggested by Steve), and plywood for the cross members that hold the clamps (to help prevent breakage). This one is definately going on my "TO DO" list.

Vince in NC

Michael Ballent
05-05-2006, 3:50 PM
The gentleman that came up with that idea should submit that idea to FWW, Wood etc... I am sure that is a winner in any of their books :) I do agree that you would need to have a VERY secure way to attach it to the wall and the hinges would need to be very heavy duty. That is going into the slick projects I gotta get to pile :D

glenn bradley
05-06-2006, 1:52 PM
I store mine like most of you probably do but, John's find takes less space. We can have our wall space back! Now I can get my CC sled, dado jig and straight edges off the floor!