PDA

View Full Version : engraving etc forum

John Minton
05-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I am sure many of you also read the engraving etc forum. Has something changed since Wed. night. I can not get back in. Is anyone else having this problem. I have been reading it for several months. Is it just that I am being redirected? I see Landing.Domainsponsor.com when I try to get in. If I have been redirected does anyone remember how to fix this. I had this problem many years ago but have forgetten how I fix it.

thanks

John

Bob Belt
05-04-2006, 11:41 AM
All should be fine now. I had the same problem early this am, but it lQQks like their server is back in business now.....;)
Bob

mike wallis
05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
It looks as though the there domain lease has expired and someone grabbed it (My best guess). Very cheap!! Many companies are on waiting list in the event that someone forgets to renew the domain name, then they grab it and try to sell it back or just keep it if it's a popular name.

Rodne Gold
05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
looks like its been hijackrd , get this in the url bar when I try log on
engravingetc.org/Alternate.aspx?ar=SUSPECTED+UNDESIRABLE+BOT&a=engravingetc.org

Mike Mackenzie
05-04-2006, 12:34 PM
For everyone who wants to know.

I talked to David today and he informed me that there was an authorization glitch and it will take a few days to get it straighten out in the mean time you can access the forum through .BIZ instead of .ORG

John Minton
05-04-2006, 1:15 PM
thanks you guys & ladies are the best

thanks again
John

Ken Frisby
05-04-2006, 9:18 PM
David also announced today it will be a paid membership site when it comes back up. $10 month, $99 a year and early bird special of $79 to join.

Mike Moffitt
05-04-2006, 9:56 PM
Paid site???

David Lavaneri
05-05-2006, 1:22 AM
Hi Folks!

Although I've been an admirer of Sawmill Creek (from afar) I have no experience in woodworking (other than Jr. High School wood shop) and don't own a laser, therefore, until today, I've had no reason to post.

I commend Keith, Aaron and the entire SMC administration, for building an amazingly informative and popular site. We (at engravingetc.org) proudly list SMC in our "Links of Interest."

As has been mentioned, my attempt to move the engravingetc.org domain to another registrar, didn't go smoothly. As with all .org domains, it's necessary to provide an EPP code (authorization number) from the current registrar, in order for the new registrar to receive the domain.

I made the request for a domain transfer and an EPP code, well-in-advance of the domain expiring. Jump Domain (JD) dot com was unresponsive and provided the EPP code, days before the domain was to expire.

The EPP code (although I entered it as soon as it was provided) came back as invalid.

Reputable registrars, have a short grace period, in which, although expired, a domain can be retained by its original owner. Others are quick to release the name to all comers. Which is JD? We'll see.

Where do we stand now?

Jump Domain remains unresponsive, although I did receive an email, saying they were "reviewing" my request, to facilitate the transfer to another registrar.

I'm hoping to be up and running, once again, under the .org name, in the near future. In the meanwhile, engravingetc.biz is the gateway to the site.

I see the four-letter-word, which is actually a three-letter-word, has been mentioned in this thread.

Mention of EE.org (as we call it) coming back to life under the .org name as a "Pay" (that's the word) site, is somewhat accurate. We'll offer an "Early Bird Special" for those who desire an annual membership, at a reduced rate.

We won't offically become subscription-based for (approx.) another 40 days.

To those who see "Free Love" as the requirement above all, I realize you'll be dissapointed and won't join. Fair enough; Freedom of choice shall prevail.

Sorry to have made such a lengthy post; but who knows when I'll be compelled to make another?

If you only have one post, it should be a doosey!

Wouldn't you say?

:)

Aaron Koehl
05-05-2006, 3:50 PM
David,

Welcome. Ahh, the finer points of running a commercial-grade forum and website! :D

David Lavaneri
05-12-2006, 7:36 PM
Thank you Aaron.

As I said, I'm very much a fan of what you at SMC have built here.

We're back up and running under our .org domain.

As you can imagine, the mention of the "P" word, set off WWIII :eek:

The previously-mentioned rates aren't set in stone, but I can tell you we had one intense focus group experience. :D

So far, I've only been called a money-grubbing dictator. I'm sure, worse, in private. :confused:

It's not always easy, making a move that's never been attempted before, in the awards and engraving industry.

I'll keep you updated from time to time.

All the best,
David