PDA

View Full Version : Sore feet!

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-04-2006, 9:31 AM
For a few years now my on/off feet pain has been steadily on the increase. Three days of standing on 100 stone floor a couple weeks ago just about killed me...particularly the left foot. I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Brooks walking shoes, and supplemental 3/4 arch support thingies. They made just a WORLD of difference. So much so that I went back the other day and got another pair (one white, one black). The store has one of those fancy computerized things that measures your feets and the pressure of how you stand...and not surprisingly, a great deal more pressure was on my left heel. Thought nothing of that really. Then a couple days ago I started getting the sore back 'warning signs' that it was time to go see the chiropractor for my periodic 'adjustment'. I woulda never made the association (maybe I'm dense!)...but the pain in my left heel/arch was GONE when I got off the table.

Just wanted to share. These are nice shoes and all, but if I'd realized my recurring back problem had something to do with it, I mighta gone down a step in 'goodness' and saved a hundred bucks (between the two pair). :rolleyes:

KC

Charles McKinley
05-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi Kirk,

I doubt that in the long run you will regret spending the extra money. It may even put off the next trip to the bone cracker a bit.

Is this a national chain? I'm interested in being fitted for a pair of shoes and insoles.

I ususlly get the Spenco insoles and they help a lot too.

Christopher Stahl
05-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I also get sore feet frequently. I have a friend that has a sporting goods store that recommended wearing Brooks because they have fantastic arch support. I bought a pair of the Trance 5 last year and they have made a difference. I'm going to be heading down again to buy a new pair.

Don't forget, shoes wear out quickly. If you're on your feet a lot, it's not uncommon to get new shoes every 6 months or so. At least do so before your feet start hurting again.

I'm glad the chiro made a difference. I should make an appointment one of these days.

Jim O'Dell
05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Good news, KC. But this second pair you bought...I think I'd have gone with two shoes the same color, unless I had gotten one black and one white the first time. Then I'd have trouble remembering which color I got for which foot.:D :D Having happy feet makes for a happy body!!! Jim

Peter Stahl
05-05-2006, 6:32 AM
For a few years now my on/off feet pain has been steadily on the increase. Three days of standing on 100 stone floor a couple weeks ago just about killed me...particularly the left foot. I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Brooks walking shoes, and supplemental 3/4 arch support thingies. They made just a WORLD of difference. So much so that I went back the other day and got another pair (one white, one black). The store has one of those fancy computerized things that measures your feets and the pressure of how you stand...and not surprisingly, a great deal more pressure was on my left heel. Thought nothing of that really. Then a couple days ago I started getting the sore back 'warning signs' that it was time to go see the chiropractor for my periodic 'adjustment'. I woulda never made the association (maybe I'm dense!)...but the pain in my left heel/arch was GONE when I got off the table.

Just wanted to share. These are nice shoes and all, but if I'd realized my recurring back problem had something to do with it, I mighta gone down a step in 'goodness' and saved a hundred bucks (between the two pair). :rolleyes:

KC

My sister-in-law had some work done on her feet by a so called best foot doctor in the area. Put pins in her feet to straighten toes, cut tendons, etc. Now her tores look like pretzels and they hurt to walk on. She found out from another foot doctor that he butchered her feet and it does affect her back too. Find yourself a really good shoe for when you're on your feet a lot.