PDA

View Full Version : New MM 410 Elite S

Steven Evans
05-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I just got my new 410 Elite S, full combo machine in. Kay converter MA1BAX on the way so I have not used it yet. My converter was dropped out of a truck and had to send it back. You can see from the second pic the new 4 post planer bed and the new swing away power feeder mount with power recepticale

Dan Forman
05-04-2006, 4:09 AM
Steve---Welcome to the Creek, and what an entrance! Yumpin Yimmeny that's some machinery! Reckon getting that set up will keep you busy for a while. Guess you already figured out that we like pics, hope to see some of the beast in it's new surroundings. Care to tell us a little about yourself?

Dan

Vaughn McMillan
05-04-2006, 4:54 AM
Wow Steve, some people just dip their toes in the Creek a little bit...you, on the other hand, dove in head-first. Very nice new machine. I'll be looking forward to seeing it in some action shots.

- Vaughn

lou sansone
05-04-2006, 5:53 AM
welcome to the creek.

looks like a great machine there. once you get it all set up give us a tour
best wishes
lou

tod evans
05-04-2006, 6:50 AM
welcome steven! nice rig, let us know how you like it. tod

Bruce Page
05-04-2006, 8:21 AM
Welcome Steve, sweet machine!

Jim Becker
05-04-2006, 8:26 AM
Ah, the second appearance of a new "S" series machine here at SMC!! Welcome aboard, Steve! 'Can't wait for the full tour of your new toy!!

Philip Glover
05-04-2006, 9:36 AM
Steve,

That's a great machine you have there.
Is that arm in the bottom photo for a power feeder?

Regards,
Phil

Brett Baldwin
05-04-2006, 1:19 PM
Welcome Steve.

Very nice machine you've got there. I see in your profile you are a crane operator. That should come in handy moving your new toy. Is this a career change or just a serious hobby?

Norman Hitt
05-04-2006, 1:54 PM
Steve,

That's a great machine you have there.
Is that arm in the bottom photo for a power feeder?

Regards,
Phil

LOOKS like the arm for the Jointer Fence, to me.;)

Pete Harbin
05-04-2006, 4:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek Steve. Why'd you go with such a small model? :D

Great gloat, and pics.

Pete

Michael Ballent
05-04-2006, 7:51 PM
Ah, the second appearance of a new "S" series machine here at SMC!! Welcome aboard, Steve! 'Can't wait for the full tour of your new toy!!

So what is the difference between an "S" series and the others... or is everything being transitioned to "S"?

Jim Becker
05-04-2006, 8:00 PM
So what is the difference between an "S" series and the others... or is everything being transitioned to "S"?

More bells and whistles available...options that a certain segment of the market likes, such as electric lifts and digital readouts, etc. Mark Singer recently posted about his new S series J/P. I think this is a good move for MM...they have always offered great machines with full features and this lets them pickup some additional market presence with folks who want to buy Mini Max but want more bells and whistles...and are willing to pay for them. More competition for another vendor! The S315 S series I saw at a show was very sweet....'wish I could afford it!

Michael Ballent
05-04-2006, 8:11 PM
Thanks Jim for the clarification :D I still would love to see a Euro Slider SawStop come to life :D ;)

Steven Evans
05-04-2006, 8:36 PM
First off, Sorry all I have been lurking for about 2yrs. Was referred by MM's Jim S.
There are many upgrades in the S series combo unit. Many things are optional. Mine has about everything I think. I had and Elite 410 before. I may miss a few thing but here goes. 1 Four post planer bed-vs single post. 2 seperate scoring motor. 3 ?New saw cast iron trunion thing? 4 Updated jointer table hold down. 5 Revamped dust collection for saw, shaper, jointer planer. 6 Shaper fence tweaked, with digital read out, odometer style. 7 electric raise and lower of the shaper spindle, saw blade, and planer bed, with electronic digital read outs. 8 scales std and metric. 9 Mobility kit updated, easier to use. 10 (4.8kw)6.5 hp 60hz motors. 11 2pc swing away power feeder mount with power recep. 12 Multi speed saw blade. 13 Up to 350mm saw blade, 120 scoring blade. 14 Solid round stock bars for fences, with gearing. Spring loaded knob on fence knucle can be engage for fine adj, no more beating on the fence with your fist for fine adjustments. 15 Larger Tersa head on jointer/planer with 4 blades vs 3. 16 Cast iron table surface a few inches larger. 17 Hand wheels with indicator dials for fine angle adj on saw and shaper. 18 Updated slider bearing guides(looks the same to me). 19 Pin indexing on outrigger table/crosscut fence for positive angle stops. 20 10.5' slider

It is in another class to me and my wallet(hehe). MM has stepped up to the competition from Felder and Laguna as far as options(bells and whistles). I like it better than a Felder 741 I had for a short while.

Steven Evans
05-04-2006, 8:55 PM
It all started many years ago with my fathers Shopsmith. Been doing woodwork on and off for years(Dang Apts). I have been working on case work, built ins, entertainment centers etc..., mostly higher end stuff. Not too hard to find big ticket jobs here in Vegas. I could never imagine this kind of work in AZ where I am from. Just a hand full of projects a year. I am often limited on hours at my day job. Say 4am-noon. So I am home a lot to do my own work. I figure the machine will last my life and be there when I retire. Maybe even an early retirement someday!!

Charlie Plesums
05-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow... what a machine. I stayed away from the MM office when it was in Austin for fear I might like it more than my only one year old Elite. That sure sounds like some sweet features. Does it have the new TecnoMax logo?

Oh... and welcome to the creek!

Greg Hairston
05-05-2006, 8:51 AM
Quick question for you. Is the outrigger table and crosscut fence beefier than your older 410.

Greg

Steven Evans
05-05-2006, 5:37 PM
Sorry to say it looks the same to me. I thought it would be a little different since I went from the 8.5' to the 10.5 foot. It seems plently strong. The table itself is really smooth. Once I added the outrigger, it is not as smooth.

Chris Padilla
05-05-2006, 5:53 PM
Very nice! Now my plain old FS41 Elite is looking sad.... ;)

Greg Hairston
05-05-2006, 6:46 PM
Steven Thanks for the input on the outrigger. I had a concern about that. The current one has some flex on the fence and the outrigger. I was hopping they beefed it up a bit.

Greg

Jim Becker
05-05-2006, 7:21 PM
Very nice! Now my plain old FS41 Elite is looking sad....

Put it to work, Chris...it will be much happier! :D :D :D

Chris Padilla
05-06-2006, 1:28 AM
Put it to work, Chris...it will be much happier! :D :D :D

Boy, you hit home hard there.... :(

Brian Buckley
05-07-2006, 6:33 PM
I am just like Charlie, my 410 Elite seems pretty plain jane now. I wonder if my wife would notice a switch-a-roo?

Steven Evans
05-07-2006, 9:24 PM
Here are a few pics are unpacking and cleaning

Charlie Plesums
05-08-2006, 9:03 AM
Here are a few pics are unpacking and cleaning
Is the cross-cut fence in the normal position? I only use mine in the "work pushes the fence" position, and haven't even calibrated the "fence pushes the work" position... but this seems to be in between.

With the precision angle setting on this fence, do you also have a separate miter fence?

Steven Evans
05-10-2006, 5:33 PM
The CrossCutfence is actually just resting on the rigger table. It has the same mounting holes as the 410 Elite. I have the same short miter fence I had with the 410 Elite that slides in the groove on the side of the slider. It is reenforced and more rigid than my old one. The CC fence and rigger table are about identical as far as I can tell. The two plates added to the table and a guide thing that slides in the groove of the CC fence. Mine actually have a spring loaded ball that catches indents on the plates. Much the same way as the slider lock mechanism.

tim rowledge
05-10-2006, 8:03 PM
Dare we ask for a hint of the price for this 'mazing monster?

Steven Evans
05-10-2006, 9:53 PM
I honestly don't know the exact cost of the machine. Only a bottom line with the options, converter, assec, etc.....

I was told preproduction 11-2005, 33% increase over the Elite, with compareable specs. Not sure where the options come in that equation. But in general I was told say 18K for Elite and 24K for elite s. I actually ordered it without knowing the price, just a general guess.

Again I have no idea what they sell for or how they will be equipped off the floor. The 33% was before production had started also.