PDA

View Full Version : A watchamacallit !

Scott Donley
05-03-2006, 7:08 PM
My daughter who has never taken an interest in my flat work stopped by and" Had " to learn to make a pen. Only problem is now her friends want to try it. Second, do you think it's time I upgraded my sharpening system ? Third, started out as a bowl but got to small, so this is what I ended up with. Another glued up maple whatchamacallit. Have Fun !!

John Hart
05-03-2006, 7:18 PM
Atta Boy Scott!! Now that you've lost your lathe, it's time for another one?:D Nice Candle by the way.;) :)

Bernie Weishapl
05-03-2006, 7:28 PM
Yep Scott can see a new lathe coming. You aren't going to have time on that one anymore. Beautiful lamp by the way.

Corey Hallagan
05-03-2006, 8:07 PM
Way to go Scott! I like the little lamp! You will have to post pics of the pen she made.

Corey

Barry Stratton
05-03-2006, 9:55 PM
Too cool. Isn't it great when the kids take an interst in what the old man is doing? Now if I can get mine interested in packing out a moose.....

Great candle holder and enjoy the new lathe....... Stu's done a bunch of research for you already.....

Ernie Nyvall
05-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Yep, gonna need a new lathe.:) Good job on the candle holder.

Ernie

Raymond Overman
05-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Um, Scott, that's shaped more like a thingamabob than a whatchamacallit but it still looks nice. Sometimes we just have to keep digging until we find some wood we can work with.

It's great your daughter's interested. I can't get enough time turning with my dad.