PDA

View Full Version : Saw Mill Tips

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Since I have spent considerable time to learn what I can about using this forum I thought I would share what I have learned with a few tips and a short review of how I navigate and use the forum.

I have generated a Saw Mill Tips page on my web site where you can read that information. If you click on the link below it will take you to that page on my web site in a new window which you can keep open, read and tryout.

There are no other links on that web page that will lead you to any other part of my web site. The only other link on that page is to Saw Mill Creek in case someone would stumble on it accidentally.

I suggest you print the page and refer to it as you spend some time on The Mill.

<p align="center">
Saw Mill Creek Tips by Ken Salisbury (http://www.klsal.com/creek.htm)

I will be updating the tips from time to time and will post notices when I update. I hope this helps people get comfortable with using this forum

Ron McNeil
02-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks Ken for the tips. I'm getting there If I had been able to read your tip sheet when I first joined it would have helped a lot.

Jason Roehl
02-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Here's another one, Ken.

The envelope icons in front of threads aren't all described in the legend at the bottom of the page. The ones with the black dots in the center are threads to which one has posted. For example, if I post to a thread, the next time I load the forum page, the icon for that thread will have a black dot on it.

Good tips! They are about the same as how I use the Creek.

Jason

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jason Roehl
Here's another one, Ken.

The envelope icons in front of threads aren't all described in the legend at the bottom of the page. The ones with the black dots in the center are threads to which one has posted. For example, if I post to a thread, the next time I load the forum page, the icon for that thread will have a black dot on it.

Good tips! They are about the same as how I use the Creek.

Jason
Yes -- thats true -- I am sure somewhere in the future Aaron will add the envelope with the black dot to the descriptions.

Jason Roehl
02-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Took me a little while to figure that one out.

Of course, for you, Ken, they probably ALL have black dots.:D

Jason

John M. Cioffi
02-22-2003, 12:26 PM
YAHOO!

Thanks again,Ken.

Very helpful.There are soooooo many things to this site. It may take me awhile to get it all down pat.
Your website tips are very much appreciated.

Here's my next ?.
How do you get the Icons from the top into the messege text?

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by John M. Cioffi
YAHOO!

Thanks again,Ken.

Very helpful.There are soooooo many things to this site. It may take me awhile to get it all down pat.
Your website tips are very much appreciated.

Here's my next ?.
How do you get the Icons from the top into the messege text?

Yous simply rigfht click on them "copy" and "paste" where you want them.

John M. Cioffi
02-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks, but it doesn't work.The paste is not lit;the delete & the undo are.
Wus- up wit that?!?!?

Dave Arbuckle
02-22-2003, 12:56 PM
The icons that go into the text of the message are listed on the left under the heading Smilies.

To use one, just click on it and it is inserted into your message. Trick is, though, that is -doesn't- look like a smiley, it is just text. When you post your message, it gets turning into a smiley. ;) (<<-- looks like "semicolon right parentheses" to me right now)

The ones on top that say Message Icon, associate with the message heading. For example, Ron McNeil's thumbs up in this thread.

Dave

John M. Cioffi
02-22-2003, 1:16 PM
:) Thanks Dave!

I couldn't see the forest,cause of the trees,HE-HE.

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by John M. Cioffi
Thanks, but it doesn't work.The paste is not lit;the delete & the undo are.
Wus- up wit that?!?!?

I thought you were asking how I got the icons I used in my "tips" text. Sorry if I confused you. I didn't know you were asking about the smileys.