PDA

View Full Version : Wagner 2600 HVLP???

Jason Morgan
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I have the chance to get a Wagner 2600 HVLP sprayer for $250 (he says its only been used once) and was wondering if it will serve my needs. Its the 3 stage turbine unit. Amazon reviews are good, but I always take them with a grain of salt.

I want to spray finish furniture, something like the USL or any of the target waterbourne finishes (laquers, shellacs, etc.). Ive read all the literature on the target coatings web site, and it sounds to me like a 3 stage unit can fit the bill. I just dont want to be limited down the road and wish I had a 4 stage unit.

Anyone have one or have knowledge of them? I was getting ready to buy a wagner conversion gun and a compressor, but this is significantly cheaper than that combination, I just dont know how limited it will be in comparison.

Thanks!

Dennis Peacock
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Jason,

Wood Magazine recently did a review of HVLP setups. The top rated units were like $750 and the cheapest one they rated pretty well was a CH 2002 type model for around $100. Wagner got good marks.....but I just can't remember the model # they quoted. Wagner just didn't rate good enough to be picked by Wood Magazine for one of their choices.

glenn bradley
05-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Wood tested the Wagner 2400 which is a single stage unit; they didn't like it. They said it sprayed "a little better than the $100 Rockler". Remembering that the Wagner unit tested was $100 retail an the 2600 you're looking at is a three stage unit. I would like to know the retail on the 2600 before I decided. As the other gentleman said; the CH HV2002 rated pretty well minus some bells and whistles for $200 retail.

Good luck with your decision. . . they're never easy are they?