PDA

View Full Version : Any motorhome owners

Bobby Hatfield
08-28-2003, 5:38 PM
Well I think the 5th wheel camper and truck deal has bit the dust, not my want, but have been devouring anything on RV"s and during some deep thought I seem to have leaned to the motorhome class "A" side. Since I have driven large diesel buses, even with standard trans, way back in the olden days, I think I want to go that way for an RV. Are there any class A owners on the board who would give me any advise ?

Rob Glynn
08-29-2003, 5:28 AM
Well I think the 5th wheel camper and truck deal has bit the dust, not my want, but have been devouring anything on RV"s and during some deep thought I seem to have leaned to the motorhome class "A" side. Since I have driven large diesel buses, even with standard trans, way back in the olden days, I think I want to go that way for an RV. Are there any class A owners on the board who would give me any advise ?

What is a 5th wheel?? We have a language problem.

Jason Roehl
08-29-2003, 6:43 AM
What is a 5th wheel?? We have a language problem.

A 5th wheel is a towed camper where the hitch resides in the bed of the truck (hopefully in FRONT of the rear axle), a similar set-up to what we call a "gooseneck" trailer.

Here's an example of one:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/5thwheel/T463-1.jpg

Rob Glynn
08-29-2003, 7:10 AM
Now I understand what it is, but why 5th wheel?
Never mind!!!!!! Foreign languages were never my best skill.
BTW. The towing vehicle would be called a "ute" over here. Often seen with a blue heeler or kelpie in the back and a lot of empty beer cans in the front.

Jason Roehl
08-29-2003, 7:25 AM
BTW. The towing vehicle would be called a "ute" over here. Often seen with a blue heeler or kelpie in the back and a lot of empty beer cans in the front.

Blue heeler? Kelpie?

Now YOU are talking strange. :D

Rob Glynn
08-29-2003, 7:46 AM
They are both local breeds of dogs. A blue heeler is a cross between a beer keg and a crocodile and a kelpie is a dish mop with a tongue.

Jason Roehl
08-29-2003, 8:06 AM
They are both local breeds of dogs. A blue heeler is a cross between a beer keg and a crocodile and a kelpie is a dish mop with a tongue.

Hehehe...good descriptions.

Bart Leetch
08-29-2003, 12:13 PM

Well you see there are already 4 wheels on the ground & the hitch is round like a wheel so they call it a 5th wheel. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Mike Evertsen
08-30-2003, 9:31 PM

the deisel pusher I would love to have it soilid mahgany plush carpet leather furniture brass accents everywhere washer & dryer lower basement I think the price was close to $500,000,,,,,
until my ship comes in I use my 10' 1984 popup,,,,,,,

Bobby Hatfield
08-31-2003, 9:16 AM
the deisel pusher I would love to have it soilid mahgany plush carpet leather furniture brass accents everywhere washer & dryer lower basement I think the price was close to $500,000,,,,,
until my ship comes in I use my 10' 1984 popup,,,,,,,

Hey Mike, found this little pop-up for sale. Can you believe with a gas engine up front.

Glenn Clabo
08-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Better yet...this ones got a lot of wood in it...

Steve Clardy
09-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Glenn, that one just kills me!!!!
Did you purchase this one from the Beverly Hillbillys or what?
Looks like maybe this one would fit Bobbys neck of the woods.
Just think, He wouldn't have to do any modifications, just jump in and go!!!!
Wonder if we can get Keith to make a door sign for the truck, one with Bobbys name on it, and a sign with his wifes name on the other?
Steve, still laughing. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bobby Hatfield
09-01-2003, 4:22 PM
Better yet...this ones got a lot of wood in it...

Hey Glenn where did you get a picture of my neighbors house truck ? Man he has been buildin on that thang for years, gets the porches blowed off ever time he goes to town on the highway and meets a big truck.

Glenn Clabo
09-02-2003, 7:33 AM
Bobby...this guy had the same problem so he brought it to the wind tunnel. As you can see the nice slope to the new front porch and the little tail porch creates just the right down force.