PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Bowl Anyone - pics

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2006, 3:41 PM
Here's one of my wedding gift bowls that the LOML picked out for me to get done. Yes....that's a little-bitty 1/8" tall nipple in the bottom of the bowl. I wanted to try something a little "different". The LOML doesn't like it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Finish is Tung Oil and Gel Poly
9-1/2" by 3-1/2" with almost 1/4" walls

Keith Burns
05-01-2006, 4:01 PM
Dennis, another great one from the master of Arkansas Round:) :) Now, why don't you go turn a little:D

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2006, 5:34 PM
Dennis another beauty. Nice fit and finish. Great work. I love turning that walnut.

Terry Quiram
05-01-2006, 5:50 PM
Dennis

You should always listen to your wife.:D Don't do that again!!!!;) I like the looks of the sap on the outside. Nice bowls.

Terry

John Hart
05-01-2006, 5:56 PM
Wow. I thought I liked the foot on the Pecan! Well....I do...But I like this one even more. I just gotta copy that!! Nice work on the whole things Dennis!:)

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2006, 6:59 PM
Dennis

You should always listen to your wife.:D Don't do that again!!!!;) I like the looks of the sap on the outside. Nice bowls.

Terry

Terry,

That little "bump" in the middle of the bottom freaked Mark out when he picked it up here in the shop. Thought his finger had pushed the wood up inside the bowl.!!!:eek: :D It did it just to do something a little different but the other reason is to see how many turners this would really "irk". :rolleyes: :p ;)

It goes to show that even the slightest difference in a design can either enhance or wig-out people that look at or hold the bowl we've turned. :D

Blake McCully
05-01-2006, 7:07 PM
Shoot Dennis,
I go to all that trouble to get rid of my nipples, and here you go trying to legitimize them. Nah, I agree with your better half. At least I'm glad you did it on purpose:o . Anyway nice bowl. I love walnut.

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-01-2006, 8:51 PM
I LOVE Walnut and it's obvious you do to. The dimple, BTW, is an ICE CREAM STABILIZER!

Very Pretty Bowl.

Bruce

Corey Hallagan
05-01-2006, 9:29 PM
Aahhh man I take that back, this is my favorite. Nice one Dennis.

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Another nice bowl Dennis! I like the contrast in the walnut!

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Aahhh man I take that back, this is my favorite. Nice one Dennis.

Corey

Ok Corey.....I'm confused now. :confused: :confused:

:p :p Glad you like it. :D

Raymond Overman
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Great job on balancing the grain on this one Dennis. Textbook perfect. That walnut sure is pretty too. Nice bowl.

Dale Thompson
05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Dennis,
Very beautiful bowl as are your usual creations. :) ANYTHING that gives a "piece" a unique and individual touch is, in my opinion, a very positive feature! :) :D

Dale T.

Ernie Nyvall
05-02-2006, 6:20 PM
Nice work Dennis. The new couple will like them... in a month or so.:D

Ernie

Barry Stratton
05-02-2006, 9:59 PM
Great bowls Dennis - all of them. I really like that sap on the bottom of this one.

Sparky Paessler
05-03-2006, 1:28 PM
Great looking Dennis but that is some of the darkest Pecan I have seen.:)