PDA

View Full Version : What a great weekend I had!!

Tony Sizemore
05-01-2006, 2:42 PM
After reading and replying to Ernie’s post I do feel kind of funny posting this but I have to. I went to my first “real” craft show over the weekend. They where looking for 10 to 15 thousand people to attend for a one day show. The both fee’s where great all together $75 for a 10x10. I had to borrow the tent and a table from friends, and I really spent a great deal of time in the past 2 week turning everything I could month on the lathe.
Not think I had enough stuff to make the day I backed up my 86 pieces. (Everything form small boxes to 13 x 6 bowls) and head off. I bought a book the day before incase I needed something to read.
By 9:15 I had paid for the space and it just keep going. I sold all but the biggest stuff I had. I came home with 11 pieces !!!!!!!!
I am still running on the high form this. What I wanted to do with this more then anything is thank all of you for sharing, helping and passing on the knowledge you have to guys like me that just love doing this.
If this show had not been 3 miles from my house and wife had not threaten to “get rid of some of my stuff” plus pushed me to do it I don’t know if I would have but I did. I think I am final completely engulfed in the vortex.
In the picture is my wonderful wife and our little girl. The picture was taken about noon. I had already sold a bunch by then.

Tom Jones III
05-01-2006, 2:48 PM
Wow, that is great. Selling 75 pieces in a single day! What a milestone for you. Be sure to use (some) of the $ to buy something nice for your wife in return for pushing you into the show.

Raymond Overman
05-01-2006, 2:59 PM
Great job Tony. 86 pieces sitting around the house? It was time your wife pushed a little :)

I hope my father and I have as good a luck this coming weekend with the local spring festival show.

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2006, 3:06 PM
What a great story Tony. Wow 75 pieces. You had better get the wife some flowers. You got a nice looking family there Tony.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-01-2006, 3:38 PM
Congrats on the weekend, the sales, the great wife and the space freed up for the next batch!

Treat her right, she is a keeper for sure!

Cheers!

Jim Ketron
05-01-2006, 4:09 PM
Way to go Tony!
Now get Busy for the Next one:D

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2006, 4:21 PM
Excellent Tony!!!!! Congrats on the sells of your pieces. :D

Don Baer
05-01-2006, 4:30 PM
Tony,
Congrats on the sales. Some day when my skills are more honed I plan on selling some pieces. Great looking family.

Tony Sizemore
05-01-2006, 4:40 PM
Don’t kid yourself boy’s she got her cut right off the top! Now I am formulating the plan for what I “NEED” and what I “WANT” to get in tool department with out taking to much from my PM 3520 fund, but I need some gouges and profile tools and that kind of stuff.
Yeep Jim I was out there this after noon knocking out some lidded boxes. My work schedule may be changing so I might loose some of my turning time. I am looking at a couple of Xmas shows here in Raleigh that I may try to do.
Thank you the congrat’s. I know I had stuff priced low but… that tread is already open someplace else.:rolleyes:

John Hart
05-01-2006, 4:51 PM
Congratulations Tony!. You sound pretty stoked...and for good reason. One of these days, I'm gonna haul all my stuff to a tent somewhere.

Jim Becker
05-01-2006, 5:50 PM
Congrats on a nice weekend showing, Tony!

Travis Stinson
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
:) Congrats Tony! That's a great 1st outing!

Corey Hallagan
05-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Congrat Tony, glad it worked out for you! That is quite and accomplishment!

Corey

Dick Strauss
05-03-2006, 2:31 PM
Tony,
Congratulations!!!

I think your prices may have been too low especially given the wealth in your area. I used to live in the area. I know that Cary has a big population of tech/biotech firms, big salaries, and expensive real estate. Based on your pricing comments about Raymond's work, you might want to bump up your prices given your success and somewhat wealthy local clientele.

Just food for thought...

Ernie Nyvall
05-03-2006, 5:30 PM
Wow, that's great Tony. Congratulations!!! That would be exciting... I believe it did pump you up.

Ernie