PDA

View Full Version : Night Stands "Finally Finished"

Jim Bills
05-01-2006, 10:09 AM
I posted a couple of progress shots last month. Several members asked me to post the finished pictures, so here goes. I finished them one at a time, the other one is already in use, so this is the last one to be finished. Scratch built from my own plans, so if it's out of proportion, or lacking in style, it's all my fault.

Jim

Steve Clardy
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Looks really nice Jim!!

Bart Leetch
05-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Bill these night stands look great what wood did you use & what finish did you use on them.

I really enjoy seeing these kind of projects especially when they are the builders own design.

So what do you'all think of Bill's design & skill everyone?

Awesome

Jim Bills
05-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Bill these night stands look great what wood did you use & what finish did you use on them.

I really enjoy seeing these kind of projects especially when they are the builders own design.

So what do you'all think of Bill's design & skill everyone?

Awesome

Bart, Thanks for the reply, I was not looking for compliments, only comments so I might improve my skills.

The wood used was quarter sawn red oak, finished with General Finishes "Spiced Walnut" oil stain, topcoated with Deft semi gloss brushing lacquer thinned appx 10% for spraying. I sprayed the project with a 4 stage turbine using an Accuspray #10 spray gun.

Thanks for asking,

Jim

Roy Wall
05-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Bart, Thanks for the reply, I was not looking for compliments, only comments so I might improve my skills.

The wood used was quarter sawn red oak, finished with General Finishes "Spiced Walnut" oil stain, topcoated with Deft semi gloss brushing lacquer thinned appx 10% for spraying. I sprayed the project with a 4 stage turbine using an Accuspray #10 spray gun.

Thanks for asking,

Jim

Bill - I too, think these nightstands deserve a compliment or two..:) They are very nice....

I do, however, like these sort of things "up a few inches" off the floor - like sitting on a base with some type of leg or foot....just my design taste...

Well done!

Bart Leetch
05-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I kinda thought they were red oak but wasn't really sure. The finish you used makes they look like the may have been fumed. Great work, good design & fine finish.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Bill - I too, think these nightstands deserve a compliment or two..:) They are very nice....

I do, however, like these sort of things "up a few inches" off the floor - like sitting on a base with some type of leg or foot....just my design taste...

Well done!

Very nice Jim!

I too like the up from the floor idea, like Roy, but SWMBO vetoed that, seems if it is on the floor, she don't feel the need to vacuum under it :D

Love that QS wood. I've been using some QS Ash, and it is so nice!

Cheers!

Jerry Olexa
05-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Nice work...Looks good. I too prefer off the floor but just IMHO. Good job...Thanx for pics

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Very well executed. Nice grain too.

I have a question though:
How do you expect to get any sleep in your front yard??

Mike Zozakiewicz
05-02-2006, 1:43 PM
Very nice. I especially like the side panels and the finish.

Mike

John Gregory
05-02-2006, 2:21 PM
I love the color and finish. Great job