PDA

View Full Version : Pens

Bernie Weishapl
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Well had to get ready for graduation and my sister seen the pen and pencil set I was making for my nephew so she wanted one. Then the BIL he wanted one and so did the niece. So made 4 sets of pen and pencils. The first is purple heart for the nephew for his graduation, the second is cocobola for my sister, BIL wanted zebra wood and my niece wanted one made of walnut from grandpa's farm. They are finished with EEE, friction polish and Ren Wax. So I got them made today while roughing a maple bowl which is in the DNA. So here they are.

Corey Hallagan
04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
You were a busy boy my freind!! Nice work they all look great and the family will just love them I am sure!

Corey

Keith Christopher
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Bernie,

WOWZERS ! Very nice.

Keith

Tom Crockett
05-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Nice pens Bernie!!! My wife watched a pen makeing demo at Woodcraft a few months ago and got hooked. Several hundred dollars later and she is turning out pens. Thank God I already had a lathe:eek: :eek: :eek:

She got right at it and is doing a great job of turning out some pretty nice sets. She even lets me turn one once in a while which is nice because compared to what I turn it is quick and satisfying.

Anyway, nice stuff and thanks for showing;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-01-2006, 1:15 AM
Looks like you're really gettin' hooked on PENS, Bernie. Thems purrty good, buddy!

Bruce

Jim Davenport
05-01-2006, 4:23 AM
Beautiful work on the pens Bernie. You're the official pen supplier to your family

Nice pens Bernie!!! My wife watched a pen makeing demo at Woodcraft a few months ago and got hooked. Several hundred dollars later and she is turning out pens. Thank God I already had a lathe:eek: :eek: :eek:

She got right at it and is doing a great job of turning out some pretty nice sets. She even lets me turn one once in a while which is nice because compared to what I turn it is quick and satisfying.

Anyway, nice stuff and thanks for showing;)
More "fodder for the VORTEX"

John Hart
05-01-2006, 6:28 AM
Now this is an example of one of the joys of Woodturning. Where you might spend hours at a store searching for a gift that may, or may not be appreciated, can now be spent making something beautiful and unique that will be cherished. Nice job on all of them Bernie.

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them. John you are absolutely right. I hate shopping for gifts anymore. My wife spent 2 or 3 hours looking and would come home to say I just can't find anything. It sure does make it nice to whip something out with your hands to give.

Mike Ramsey
05-01-2006, 1:25 PM
Great looking pens Bernie! Fine gifts for sure!