PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting a chance to play with my Veritas 4 1/2

Kyle Stiefel
04-30-2006, 8:52 PM
Hello,

Well friday I finally got to gluing up some of the new table top. This was a good chance to play with my 4 1/2 which hasn't got much love lately. So here is a pic of some of the fun.

I actually will have a gloat in a few weeks, I was hoping I would have up here by now but I had to send it snail mail because of my location. I ordered up one of Veritas new bevel up jointer planes.

Have a good day.

Kyle

Mark Stutz
04-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Kyle,
That looks like a very substantial table!:D This looks like it's going to be interesting. The outer boards are pupleheart, but what is the wood for the rest. What design for the base. Please don't forget to show us the finished piece.

Mark

Kyle Stiefel
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Kyle,
That looks like a very substantial table!:D This looks like it's going to be interesting. The outer boards are pupleheart, but what is the wood for the rest. What design for the base. Please don't forget to show us the finished piece.

Mark

Mark,

Mark the wood inside the purpleheart is limba, has a spalted look although not spalted. Tonight I finished the tenons on the end from the breadboard end which will be purpleheart. It will be a trestle table, I think you can see the start of the legs in the background, they are joined together with sliding dovetails. The cross member will then be connected with housed sliding dovetails so the table can be moved easily. This weekend I was able to put in some good time but the schedule might be crunching down so progress may be slow.

Kyle