PDA

View Full Version : Performax Sander Conveyor Belts

George M. Perzel
04-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi all;
I need the dimensions (length and width) of the conveyor belts for the Performax 10-20 and 22-44 Pro drum sanders. I appreciate any help-hopefully someone has an old belt and can measure it. Many thanks
George M. Perzel

Brian Knodel
04-30-2006, 8:31 PM
For the Performax 10 –20 the width is 10 3/16 and the length is 32 3/8, but I'm wondering why you need these measurements, the reason I ask is I suspect you may be making your own belts and if so I would like to know how as here in Canada its like pulling hens teeth to find a new belt. Apparently Jet tools have acquired Performax and Jet tools will not sell tools or parts in Canada. I have found one supplier in Canada that has some belts in stock so I ordered two just in case they become obsolete in Canada.

Brian

CPeter James
04-30-2006, 9:12 PM
I have a third party source that makes them. I paid $44 for 2 about a year ago. Email me if you are interested and I will give you the web address. They seem to be fine.

CPeter

David Abel
04-30-2006, 9:31 PM
I have a third party source that makes them. I paid $44 for 2 about a year ago. Email me if you are interested and I will give you the web address. They seem to be fine.

CPeter
Why can't you share the URL here? I'd like to know a source.

Thanks.

Dave

Jim Becker
04-30-2006, 9:42 PM
Apparently Jet tools have acquired Performax ...

Jet, PowerMatic, Performax, Wilton, etc., are all owned by the same company, WMH. This happened a number of years ago.

Brian Knodel
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Jet, PowerMatic, Performax, Wilton, etc., are all owned by the same company, WMH. This happened a number of years ago.
I phoned the WMH group looking for a belt and was dealt with fast and politely. I quoted a part number and it was stated that if the part in the box was labelled Jet, the part could not be sent it, if it was labelled Performax there would not be a problem. The belt was in a Performax box, but by then I had already found a Canadian supplier. I don't have a problem with ordering from the USA, but what some don't realize is that after the exchange rate, (which right now is not to bad) its the brokerage fees that are the killer.

Brian

Allan Johanson
05-01-2006, 2:53 AM
There's a problem with Jet USA and Jet Canada. They stay away from each other. It's a problem though since Jet Canada has decided to get out of the woodworking tool biz. Maybe one day Jet USA will be able to cross the border? Until then it's hard for us Canucks to get satisfactory service from Jet.

Allan

George M. Perzel
05-01-2006, 8:11 PM
Brian;
Thanks for the info-trying to develop a source and will let you guys know.
George

CPeter James
05-02-2006, 6:47 AM
Contact these people by phone and they can help you. They were very helpful to me.

http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/about.html

CPeter