PDA

View Full Version : Latest from the Rikon

Jim Davenport
04-30-2006, 9:24 AM
Here's kind of a little walnut platter. It's finished with Watco. Eventuly when everything dry's It's going to get the Beall treatment.
I really enjoyed doing this one. After watching Bill's video for about a hundred times, I've about got the bowl gouge figured out. I didn't need to sand this one near as much. I figure in about a year, I'm going to save the cost of the gouge in sandpaper. at least that's what I told "SWMBO":rolleyes:

Christopher K. Hartley
04-30-2006, 9:28 AM
Jim I like this...how big is it? My barbor had asked if I could make something similar but small just yesterday. Good work.

Jim Davenport
04-30-2006, 9:34 AM
Jim I like this...how big is it? My barbor had asked if I could make something similar but small just yesterday. Good work.
I'ts about 8" by 2" I'm going to use it to hold keys, change, and stuff. Whne I change clothes after work.

Bob Noles
04-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Jim,

Beautiful piece! I really like the design and intended purpose of it. I have saved your picture for inspiration when I get to spinnng again. I would like to use your design with your permission. I really like this piece.

Ernie Nyvall
04-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Glad you were able to Rikonize that wood.:rolleyes: I got up way too early.

Nice work Jim.

Ernie

John Hart
04-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Nice looking platter-bowl Jim. I like the lip service you gave it!:)

Bernie Weishapl
04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Nice piece Jim. I like the rim and finish on it. Nice work.

Corey Hallagan
04-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Very nice Jim that is a great looking piece.

Corey

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Well...................That RIKON is something. It is really turnin' out neat stuff. When are YOU going to do sumptun?

Seriously, that is beautiful........................... we know YOU did the work. All the Rikon did was spin around in circles.

Bruce