PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any Tequila?

Todd Burch
08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I found this bad boy today, squirming on some sand after a bulldozer went through and made a road. Biggest flat head wood borer I've ever seen. These things bore those oval holes in wood. Can you say BIG and UGLY!!

Sam Chambers
08-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Dang, you boys do everything big over in Texas, don't you?

Tom Sweeney
08-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Maybe he brought home some samples of Sammy's Cabo Wabo Tequila :D

First time I went to Houston was for my brothers wedding. We were at the reception hall & I turned around & there was a cockroach leaning against a door frame looking me in the eye ;) Well it was pretty Huge anyway.

Glenn Clabo
08-28-2003, 7:53 AM
Holy gross Batman!

Mike Schwing
08-28-2003, 8:57 AM
Ech! I cut up some antique chestnut the other night and one of them plopped right out on the table saw from one of the holes it bored. Not nearly as big as that guy, but I'm pretty sure he was an antique, too.

Rob Glynn
08-28-2003, 9:03 AM
Down here we have real wood eating grubs. Texas just has babies.

Description: Witchetty grubs are the larvae of moths and beetles which bore into and eat the wood and sap of trees and shrubs. Small piles of sawdust around the base of a plant can indicate an entrance hole.

Dan McLaughlin
08-28-2003, 9:16 AM
Down here we have real wood eating grubs. Texas just has babies.

Description: Witchetty grubs are the larvae of moths and beetles which bore into and eat the wood and sap of trees and shrubs. Small piles of sawdust around the base of a plant can indicate an entrance hole.
Having spent some time in the NT (at a US base that doesn't exist), Rob's grub is a baby. Sometimes I think that Australia is "the land that time forgot". Love to go back and spend some serious leisure time there rather than just serious time.

Rob Glynn
08-28-2003, 9:44 AM
You would be welcome, Dan. Bring your US dollars with you.
You wouldn't by any chance be talking about Pine Gap, that innocent "communication centre" that we Australians shouldn't worry about and, in any event, isn't really there.

Phil Phelps
08-28-2003, 2:44 PM
Hey Rob and Todd. Gather a coupla hands full of them critters and send them to Suvivor. I'll bet they balk at eatin' them things. :eek:

Mac McAtee
08-28-2003, 3:01 PM
Rob,
Isn't that the grub that the original inhabitants roast and eat or eat raw?
Mac

Dan McLaughlin
08-28-2003, 3:48 PM
You would be welcome, Dan. Bring your US dollars with you.
You wouldn't by any chance be talking about Pine Gap, that innocent "communication centre" that we Australians shouldn't worry about and, in any event, isn't really there.

Rob:

I have no idea what you are talking about :D ....but I wouldn't go wandering around there like a tourist or something!!

Rob Glynn
08-29-2003, 5:52 AM
Mac.
They are the grubs that the Aboriginal people eat. I have never tried them but am told that they taste like fried eggs with peanut butter.

Dan.
That place that isn't there became a topic of discussion when Oz sent troops to Iraq and we became a potential target for terrorism. Not being there is, apparently, not sufficient protection from attack. Presumeably the attack would be with the weapons of mass destruction that don't exist.
There is a certain logic to all of that, but I'm damned if I can work out what it is.

Bart Leetch
08-29-2003, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=Rob Glynn]Mac.
They are the grubs that the Aboriginal people eat. I have never tried them but am told that they taste like fried eggs with peanut butter.

Gee this is the first thing that isn't chicken that I've heard of that wasn't described as tasting like chicken.