PDA

View Full Version : Spring in Western NY!

Tom Pritchard
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Ah spring, when a young:rolleyes: woodworkers heart turns to John Deere and mowing his acreage!!! I took some time today with my family to head down to our property near Keuka Lake to mow the grass and enjoy another wonderful spring day. It has been the best spring I can remember in recent years, 60 degrees and sunny during the day, 35 degrees and clear at night. Here's a couple pictures of my property and my tractor. :)

Joe Mioux
04-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Nice view, but I thought this was the start of a well known Creeker visit;)

Beautiful surroundings you have there.

Joe

Al Navas
04-30-2006, 8:48 AM
Good thing, Tom! You have beautiful viewa all around you.

We lived in Fairport several years, and loved it. Only wish we had shorter winters, though! But the cross-country skiing was terrific.

Al

Frank Pellow
04-30-2006, 9:16 AM
That's a great looking spot you have Tom!

But, I have to ask. Why, when you are out in the counrty like that, do you mow the grass, rather than just bletting nature do it's thing? Among other things, the time you save not cutting would give you more time to really enjoy your surroundings.

Tom Pritchard
05-01-2006, 5:54 AM
That's a great looking spot you have Tom!

But, I have to ask. Why, when you are out in the counrty like that, do you mow the grass, rather than just bletting nature do it's thing? Among other things, the time you save not cutting would give you more time to really enjoy your surroundings.

Hi Frank!

We play baseball, frisbee, bocce, and football in the mowed areas, plus I LOVE to mow! I find it almost therapeutic. I have about 1/2 of the property mowed, and the other half is as you stated. Thanks for asking!