PDA

View Full Version : My son the negotiator

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Some of you may remember my telling about a year ago of my deputy sheriff son who negotiated with a drunk who'd stolen an ambulance.....He convinced the guy to give himself up for a bologna or peanut butter and jelly sandwich...................Since then he got a promotion and a couple of weeks ago he got called into the office and was told to report to Boise this week. He called a few minutes ago after returning home from successfully completing the FBI's hostage negotiation school. Dad's proud!

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Yep Ken that is something to be proud of. Congrats Dad.

Keith Christopher
04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
So now he qualified to talk the big criminals out! You know maybe negotiate with a wife to let a husband back in the house. ;)

Seriously though, congrats and you MUST be proud.

John Miliunas
04-29-2006, 12:18 AM
That's a super-gloat, Ken!!! Congrats and your really should be proud of him!!! :D With those skills and talents, there's no telling how many lives he may save in the future! :) :cool:

Curt Fuller
04-29-2006, 1:45 AM
That's great Ken. I take my hat off to any of the great people that work in situations where they're required to run in when everyone else is running out. It takes a lot of guts but even more it takes a very cool head.

David Fried
04-29-2006, 3:07 AM
Hope he's on your side next time you,re pleading for a new turning tool!
Congrats!!

Karl Laustrup
04-29-2006, 4:18 AM
There is Ken in Idaho............looking up..........and smiling proudly.

Yep, that's a great gloat Ken. Congrats to you and your son. Oh yeah, better include mom in there also, as I figure she might have had something to do with it too.

Karl

Richard Wolf
04-29-2006, 7:55 AM
Great gloat Ken, be proud.

Richard

Frank Chaffee
04-29-2006, 1:19 PM
That is super Ken!
Why, I’m proud just to know a guy who is rightfully as proud as you are of your son!

I just hope that when in the course of his background check and the FBI discovers the range of his father’s shop tools…

Yikes!

Frank

Ron Jones near Indy
04-29-2006, 9:13 PM
That is a super gloat!

Jerry Olexa
04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Congrats to both of you fine gentlemen!!

Jim Becker
04-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Congrats! A nice accomplishment and a step up on the next rung! While I hope he never really needs those skills (an ideal world), that's not realistic, so I'm glad the training went well.

Norman Hitt
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Congratulations to all of you, Ken. It sounds like you raised a sharp, cool headed young man. It's always great to see our children excel in their endeavors, and most of us want them to surpass our own accomplishments. Sounds like he's on his way. Best wishes to him and his continuing success.