PDA

View Full Version : Heros!!

Dale Thompson
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi folks,
Eight weeks ago, the popular TV series “America’s Most Wanted” began a national search to recognize a national HERO! Each week thereafter an individual was chosen from various first-responders across the country. This was done by internet votes given to various individuals as they were nominated by their peers, family, recipients of their deeds or others.

The winner of the first weeks vote was Sgt. Dennis Trzcinski of the Milwaukee Police Dept. His selection stemmed from his extraction of two trapped people from a burning vehicle as flames licked at the gas tank and threatened a catastrophic explosion at any moment. Sgt. Trzcinski was fortunate as where the two potential victims who remain alive to tell the story. That is, in itself, a very HEROIC act. But there is MUCH more to Sgt. Trzcinski than a simple dedication to the duties that he accepted as a Police Officer.

Sgt. Trzcinski is the son-in-law of our neighbors up at the cabin. I KNOW Sgt. Dennis! As you all know, my typical style is not one of continuous compliments. Around the campfire, I usually refer to him as the “crooked cop” from the big city. Considering his size and build, I also have been known to call him “ROBO-COP”. He responds with a challenge to beat an “old guy” in an arm wrestling contest. Needless to say, I ALWAYS win!! In any event, he is a FUN guy and we argue even more that “Arena” and I.

What is my point? Well, my real respect for Dennis as a HERO has nothing to do with “saving” lives. It has a LOT more to do with “making” a life. Dennis was part of raiding a “crack house” several years ago. He “rescued” a small boy named Alan from this hallucinatory HELL and, instead of giving him over to the mindless bureaucracy; he brought Alan home to his wife Angie. As sickening as it may sound, it took Dennis and Angie over three years to formally adopt Alan. Anyway, Alan has grown up a bit and now is my buddy and the BEST buddy of my granddog Indy. As a buddy, Alan is already learning how to insult me. Not only does he call me “phony cop” but he also gets Indy to eat all of his food so that he can get some TREATS!

If I could vote more than once, I would vote for both Sgt. Dennis AND his wife Angie.

In all honesty, please check out the other candidates. The important thing is to vote.

With folks like me, Spring, Dells, Howl, Purty, Bent, Arena, Ken, etc. around, we need a HERO somewhere!!

http://www.amw.com/allstar/2006/detail.cfm?id=110

Dale T.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Don't know the guy.........and with recommendations from Pesh......:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D He just got my vote! If you say he's a hero......it must be so Dale.:)

Dale Thompson
04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
He just got my vote! If you say he's a hero......it must be so Dale.:)

Ken,
It sounds like you have doubts! :o How could you EVER question a guy who is trying to fit into his GRANNY PANTIES? :cool: :)

To say that I was INSULTED at the LaCrosse meeting by those things would be a serious understatement. :o :) If I was "Arena", I would probably burst into TEARS!! :eek: :cool: :)

Dale T.

Karl Laustrup
04-29-2006, 4:39 AM
Pesh, I believe everything you say. :eek: ;) :D

So after reading about Dennis I voted for him. I didn't hold it against him that he knows you. ;) :D

Karl

Ken Shoemaker
04-29-2006, 6:53 AM
Being a cop for many years, I know that his modesty will only allow him to see his efforts "his duty".

This is a wondeful opportunity to recognize that we ask him to go into places you couldn't pay us to go, but he does it for a lot less.

A true hero.... Just got my vote.

Ken Shoemaker

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-29-2006, 7:16 AM
After much thought and reflection, I did go and vote for Sgt. Dennis Trzcinski, even though he lets you win at the arm wrassling contests, I just figured that he is waiting for Allan to hit 10 or 11 and then he will let Allan beat you up ;) :D

It is truly outstanding that, in our wolrd that we still have guys like this, who are willing to put it on the line.

Thanks for brining this to our attention Dale.

Cheers!

Dennis Peacock
04-29-2006, 2:25 PM
Sorry Dale...can't vote....

Don't watch the stuff and never have. I only know of the AMW from people talking about it. Shoot....who'd got time to sit and waste time in front of a TV anyway. :rolleyes: :p :D

John Miliunas
04-29-2006, 3:28 PM
Thanks for the lead, Dale! Sgt. Dennis Trzcinski has my vote and, win, lose or draw, he'll still be #1 in my book! :) :cool:

Frank Chaffee
04-29-2006, 4:39 PM
Done deal Dale,
Dennis deserves due credit and my vote. He has both.

I throw all my support behind anyone who spends his time overseeing your shenanigans up there in the north woods.

I am not at all surprised that he and Angie’s son Alan can see what a very real “phony cop” you are; children have an acute sense of reality that is not swayed by glib silver tongues. Your phoniness is not real, and your realness cannot be disguised behind fancy talk.

For as long as I’ve know you Dale, you have done nothing (besides numerous excellent creations in wood), more than formant and ferment, stirring up trouble wherever you post. You really need to be reigned in, and I am placing my bets on Alan as the one who will finally do it.

I have a bone to pick with you tho, and that is how could you ever associate these fine gentlemen;
With folks like me, Spring, Dells, Howl, Purty, Bent, Arena, Ken, etc. around, we need a HERO somewhere!! with the likes of scoundrels such as you and I?

Yours,
Arena

Dale Thompson
04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Don't watch the stuff and never have. I only know of the AMW from people talking about it. Shoot....who'd got time to sit and waste time in front of a TV anyway.

Hey Dennis,
No problem! I don't waste my time on TV either. :( I have it on in my shop and I have it on when I am drowning in THE CREEK but I don't watch much. I only listen when the blades ain't turning or there is something of interest on the tube. ;)

In this case, I was informed of Dennis's nomination by his mother-in-law who is my cabin neighbor. I also consider Dennis, his wife Angie and their son Alan to be friends. :) :) The family, in my opinion, is deserving of any recognition that they can get - even though they have NEVER asked for ANYTHING that they had not worked hard to attain. :)

MY position is that if we can tolerate the many ridiculous parasitic activities which are going on in this country today, we can at least take a moment to thank the many first-responders who are out there willing to sacrifice their safety to assure our own. :) This was MY chance!! :cool: :)

I respect your opinion and thank you for looking. :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
the likes of scoundrels such as you and I?
Yours,
Arena

Hey Arena,
We "scoundrels such as you and I" are so mired in the dogma of our totally misguided youth that there is virtually NO redemption for either of us. :(

With that said, up here in the northwoods, I have the status of a universally respected " Which Docter". :cool: I threw in the other names as a form of psychological "shock treatment". :D :) There is still hope for MOST of them and I will be there to help - as always. :) ;)

By the way, I'm still waiting for the invitation. :confused: When are you and Ann Coulter going to tie the "proverbial" knot? :confused: :D

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-29-2006, 11:11 PM
By the way, I'm still waiting for the invitation. :confused: When are you and Ann Coulter going to tie the "proverbial" knot? :confused: :D Dale T.
Pesh, my friend,
While your blessing and expectation mean a great deal to me, I am, I must say, getting cold feet on this Ann thing. Maybe from the restraints…circulation problems, doncha know?

My experiences with animas dwelling on the other side of the floor have not been pretty, and you and I may as well admit that in our old age (speaking mostly for myself, I assure you), that we will do best appreciating Ann and Molly thru one another.

Yours,
Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
04-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Tikii...ld...shh

Dale Thompson
05-07-2006, 8:26 PM
to recognize one of our Heroes!! :)

Stu, you were recognized! Dennis saw the link to this thread and calmly commented, "Leave it to the worst gangster in the northwoods to get me a vote from Tokyo, Japan!" Whatever, thanks so much to all of you for your help. As you may know, Dennis is one of eight finalists. If you haven't voted yet, please go to : www.AMW.com and scroll down to "Heroes".

I could say that my life hinges on your vote but I don't want to spoil his chances! ;) :) Voting ends at midnight tomorrow night (Monday).

Thanks again, folks!! :)

Dale T.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
So if we voted before they had these 8 finalists, do we now vote again?

Cheers!

Bill Lewis
05-08-2006, 5:23 AM
So if we voted before they had these 8 finalists, do we now vote again?I tried but it wouldn't let me. It registered my vote on the first go around, but won't let me vote on the final 8. That's weird.

Dale Thompson
05-08-2006, 8:05 PM
So if we voted before they had these 8 finalists, do we now vote again?

Cheers!

Stu, I don't think that I posted this until AFTER Dennis made the final eight. If that is the case, the "system" will not accept your vote. You can try if you wish but, once again, thank you very much. :)

You have made me a "local hero" up by my cabin. :cool: I have not experienced a drive-by shooting attempt in almost a week!! ;) :) :D

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
05-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Stu, I don't think that I posted this until AFTER Dennis made the final eight. If that is the case, the "system" will not accept your vote. You can try if you wish but, once again, thank you very much. Dale T.
So Dale,
Why wouldn’t the system accept even my first vote?
Confused,
Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
05-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Frank.....the system recognized you.?

Dale Thompson
05-09-2006, 9:45 PM
So Dale,
Why wouldn’t the system accept even my first vote?
Confused,
Frank

Hey Arena,
I don't know but if I had to guess I would blame Homeland Security. You are obviously on their "no-fly" list. Why would you expect to NOT be on their "no vote" list? :confused: Why not just go back to your "Spelling Primer" and forget about it? Thanks for trying!! :)

Whatever, Spring has sprung in the northwoods. :) A pair of Mallards has nested next to our dock, a pair of cranes has nested on the island just behind the musk-rat house about 100 yards off our shore, the fish are lurking under our dock waiting to play with my catch-and-release policy, the Canadian Geese are still "arguing" over who gets the established nest about 100 feet from the cranes and the buds are "exploding" on the trees and landscaping. :)

Perhaps the best part, however, is that "Ernest the Eagle" has assumed his annual "Christmas Star" position at the very top of our tallest Red Pine! As usual, he is watching over "Ernistine" as he awaits his turn to warm the eggs in their nest located about 100' away! :) "Ernie" pays NO attention to me. Why should he? If I had his eyesight, I could read a newspaper from over 300' away. He can, obviously, read my transparent mind. :o

Life is GOOD! Life is the peace that Spring brings to the rebirth of the northwoods. There will be a WONDERFUL tomorrow! :)

HEROS!!? Some are chosen by vote. Others are chosen by their deeds. MOST heroes, however, are chosen by a number as small as ONE! A single child. A single grandchild. A single wife or husband. A single friend. A single neighbor, etc.

We are all fortunate to have so many of these TRUE heroes on the Forums of Saw Mill Creek!! To add another paraphrase, "How much do I respect and admire them? Let me COUNT the ways ---"!

Thanks folks!! :) You too, Arena! Remember that Ken is looking down on your every sin (or is it GRIN?) and shaking his head! ;) :eek:

Dale T.