PDA

View Full Version : Dont defy the wood,the new top, start to trestle table

Kyle Stiefel
04-28-2006, 9:54 PM
Hello folks,

Well a while back I made a rolling butcher block table to increase the counter space. I new I was breaking the biggest rule of wood movement, I posted a thread and got a little response. A few thought it work and few didn't but since it was a butcher block I thought I would give a chance.

To make a long story short the other night I heard a loud crack ( sounded like somebody threw a boulder through one of the windows), my wife and I looked all over the house and couldn't figure it out until the next day.

So here is a picture of the beautiful thing about wood, it is predictable, and that should be respected.

I took off the top and put together this top made of limba which will now hold the food for serving. I glued up the trestle table top tonight which will accompany it made of primarly limba and will be wrapped in purple heart. I tell you what that purpleheart likes to take away the sharpness from blades in a hurry.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Kyle

Vaughn McMillan
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Ouch! If it's any consolation, rest assured you're not the only one here who learned from your lesson. Nice recovery, though.

- Vaughn