PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Notice - Aaw Members

Mark Mandell
04-28-2006, 8:00 PM
Hey Sawmillers,

I don't post here but all AAW members must take notice of an issue that has just come up in a thread running on the AAW Froum. Several AAW members have been solicited by telemarketers regarding renewing their American Woodturner subscriptions. The calls are bogus and most like are phishing by ID thieves, because there are no subscriptions to the AAW Journal.

All AAW Members are urged to be wary and to check the AAW Forum thread or the AAW Homepage for details and instructions on what to do if you get one of these calls.

Heads Up folks. You're targets.

Mark Mandell

Might be a good idea to put a sticky on this notice a little while if possible.

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 8:34 PM
Thanks, Mark.

Pat Salter
04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Is that why I have a big red circle on my back????

Rich Stewart
04-29-2006, 1:18 AM
I think we all got them circles. I like the one where they call you up and say you missed jury duty and boy are you in trouble now! But if you verify your ss number and DOB maybe we can straighten this out.

Never click on ANYTHING. Always type the address in the bar yourself.

Bernie Weishapl
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I get a lot of ebay and paypal junk on e-mail. I have had the same one Rich had about jury duty. But the one I got yesterday I am wondering how many elderly they get. They called from the Sheriff's Association and ask for a donation. If I would give them my date of birth, SS number and bank routing number they could take care of the donation in just a minute or two. :mad: