PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
04-28-2006, 4:57 PM
Another week has flown by and it's time for the two day R&R.

Going to work on the "big blue container" and hopefully get it cleaned out this weekend. Still have to put stuff away though. It just never seems to end.

So what are you up to? R&R, work, or....................?

Whatever it is, make it safe and enjoyable.

Karl

Byron Trantham
04-28-2006, 5:03 PM
Still working on the Bar for a client. I am on the last run of stain and top coating. Should be done (with the finish) by Sunday. Assembly and then install. The attached pics are of the stub wall that will support the bar top. In the background you can see the "back bar" already installed.

Chris Dodge
04-28-2006, 5:03 PM
I will be building and installing drawers in an entertainment center I am finishing up for a client. This project has been a bear for many reasons so I am glad to be finishing it up.

Tyler Howell
04-28-2006, 5:05 PM
Hey Karl,
More Creeker visits. 2 that I know of maybe more:D .
Going to the MN WW guild Expo. Looking for inspiration:o .
Have a good one;)

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 5:08 PM
I'm planning on doing absitively nothing. At least that's the plan.

Hey Ty! Congrats on the big 4,000.

Matt Meiser
04-28-2006, 5:34 PM
Not really sure, but probably NOT yard work.

Bob Noles
04-28-2006, 5:38 PM
My single most important objective is to finsh my shop rehab. If I do nothing else but accomplish this I will be thrillled to death. Been dragging on for 2 weeks now due to weak health, but I'm feeling my oats and truly hope for the field goal :p

Larry Norton
04-28-2006, 5:51 PM
I have a show in Crofton (Md.) tomorrow. I don't have a lot of inventory, I still have some stuff with a lot of trailer miles I'm trying to get rid of.

Vaughn McMillan
04-28-2006, 5:53 PM
This weekend I'm renting a storage space and moving a pile o' stuff into it. (The pile is the still-packed remnants of our 2-household merge that happened a bit more than a year ago. It's still stacked up in the living room because we have nowhere else to put it.)

I lost the "build or buy a shed for the back yard" debate, so we'll be renting space instead. SWMBO thinks a shed would look bad in the yard, and I think it's stupid to pay rent on a storage space when we have the room to buy or build our own. Her counter argument (and opinion) is that the garage should be used for storing stuff, and of course I'm not willing to give up my shop so we can store things like 20-year-old clothes and memorabilia. I guess the monthly rent on a storage room is less that I'd pay to rent shop space. Sigh. :rolleyes:

So, the upshot is that any shop time I get this weekend will be strictly by accident. :(

- Vaughn

Art Moore
04-28-2006, 6:08 PM
Puttin' together my brand-new TS3650... WOOHOO!:D

Mark Pruitt
04-28-2006, 8:54 PM
Plan to make progress on the new workbench. (and hope the hospital stays relatively quiet...I'm on call.)

Vaughn, if you plant tall phoetinas or leland cypress around a storage bldg they'll cover it in just a few years. But, it's sounding like a lost cause.

Vaughn McMillan
04-28-2006, 9:15 PM
...Vaughn, if you plant tall phoetinas or leland cypress around a storage bldg they'll cover it in just a few years. But, it's sounding like a lost cause.
I even tried showing her PhotoShop mockups of our back yard with a trellis and plant-covered shed off in the unused corner...she still wasn't buying into the idea. Lost cause indeed. Always one to look for silver linings, I realized this afternoon that the storage room will open up some more shop space, so it's not all bad. ;)

Puttin' together my brand-new TS3650... WOOHOO!:D
I think you're gonna love that saw, Art. Several of us here on SMC have that model, and if you have any questions I'm sure we've got you covered. (I've made so many additions to mine, it's barely recognizable, but the base saw is a good machine.)

- Vaughn

Joe Mioux
04-28-2006, 9:20 PM
Work work and more work...

As of today, three funerals, three wedding, one prom, one golden wedding annivesary, one plant sale fund raiser (big time work for that).

joe

Mike Peace
04-28-2006, 9:36 PM
I plan on installing fluorescent lights in my new basement shop. I painted the floor last week. I got six 8 foot fixture with 4 t8s from HD a couple of weeks ago when I got my Ridgid Planer and Jointer with the 10% new credit card discount. Making progress slowly but surely.

Also plan to finish my first bandsaw box, picture attached.:)

Mike

David Duke
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Hope to have a full day in the shop tomorrow and hope to make good headway on the grandfather clock I've been working on. Sunday hopefully more shop time and go visit with my Mom for awhile then if the yard isn't too wet from the rain we're suppose to get tonight I'll mow and trim.

Jack Ferrell
04-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Finished putting it back together, now painting. No after pics yet. Will have to do the same type of repair to the front. Water damage. Have to go back to work Sunday night tho.

Chris Barton
04-29-2006, 7:20 AM
Sleep! After 14 days of traveling I am whipped. Maybe a little shop time on Sunday.

Jim Becker
04-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm with Chris, although I was only gone for a few days...got back from Mexico City and Dallas late last night. Tried to sleep in, but that was a bust since the girls wanted to know what their "surprise" was. We have a bunch of "family" things to do this weekend as well as the lawn and laundry. Maybe I'll get in the shop; maybe not.

Steve Clardy
04-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Finishing up staining and spraying 600' of 5.5" baseboard I need to install at a customers house down at the lake.

Finish up getting all my programs, files installed on my new computer, flat screen monitor, winxp pro. [stealth gloat].
Also got a 160g external drive system to back up the whole system.
Zdisc system, one button backup.