PDA

View Full Version : I'm not hooked, I can quit anytime

Chuck Saunders
04-28-2006, 3:58 PM
I just bought my first lathe for home. Decided I couldn't wait until I found a PM90 cheap. But I'm not hooked, it's just that it was on sale. I don't have a turning problem. I did order some pen kits from Arizona Silhouette today but I can stop anytime. Hopefully this will keep me from bidding on the 20" jointer on e-bay.
Chuck

Jason Boushard
04-28-2006, 4:36 PM
does anybody hear that sucking sound? welcome to the vortex

Dennis Peacock
04-28-2006, 4:57 PM
Vooooorrrrrrttttttteeeeeexxxxxxxxxx is winding up!!!!!!!:eek:

Secure your wallet!!!!! Hide the piggy-bank......:eek: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 4:58 PM
Chuck....just bid farewell to all the cash and freetime you had! But you'll have fun!

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-28-2006, 5:18 PM
We believe EVERY WORD you write, Chuck!

WAHAHA........................ another gnome assimilated.

Petty Officer Bruce
Legion of the Lathe

Bob Noles
04-28-2006, 5:47 PM
"I'm not hooked, I can quit anytime"

LOL.... thats what they all said at one time or other. Loook at them now :p

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2006, 6:18 PM
Just keep saying that to yourself Chuck. This vortex will suck the green out of your wallet slicker than a pick pocket. :eek: Hey don't fight it and join the rest of us. Have fun.

George Conklin
04-28-2006, 6:19 PM
"I'm not hooked, I can quit anytime"

LOL.... thats what they all said at one time or other. Loook at them now :p

Well said:D

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 7:24 PM
Psssst. Hey buddy! Ya wanna buy a chuck real cheap?

Don Orr
04-28-2006, 8:31 PM
Take 12 steps and call me in the morning:eek: .
The first step is to admit you HAVE a problem! Turning is addictive-NO PROBLEM!!! You won't need that jointer now anyway:D .

YeeHa, Got another one!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I said that about smoking..........I smoked for 41 years........quit just before I got bombed with a lathe.........I still would like to smoke but I can't afford to now........I'm broke all the time now that I'm in the Abyss!

Tom Stover
04-29-2006, 8:32 AM
You really can quit anytime you want, I know, I've quit several Times. :rolleyes: ;)

Ernie Nyvall
04-29-2006, 8:59 PM
Congrats on the new lathe Chuck. You can't quit... your name was meant for turning bowls.

Ernie

Jim VanBramer
04-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Chuck, as another newbie I can tell you .................... IT'S HOPELESS ... THERE'S NO ESCAPE!!! The only hope we had was to never have started in the first place!! I went to the wood show Friday and bought a few things. I went back to the wood show Saturday and bought more (and everytime the price tag went up, up, up!!!). I finally got to the point that I handed my credit card to the gal at the Craft Supply booth and told her she might as well just keep it!:D I gave my car keys to my wife this morning so I can't go back again (unfortunately that didn't stop me from calling Woodcraft to order up a new grinder!!!);)
Jim V

Don Baer
04-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Don't worry about the joiner. Thats for flat work and you won't be doing much of that anymore..:D

Scott Donley
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Chuck, as another newbie I can tell you .................... IT'S HOPELESS ... THERE'S NO ESCAPE!!! The only hope we had was to never have started in the first place!! I went to the wood show Friday and bought a few things. I went back to the wood show Saturday and bought more (and everytime the price tag went up, up, up!!!). I finally got to the point that I handed my credit card to the gal at the Craft Supply booth and told her she might as well just keep it!:D I gave my car keys to my wife this morning so I can't go back again (unfortunately that didn't stop me from calling Woodcraft to order up a new grinder!!!);)
Jim VHey Jim, I am going again this morning, anything you want me to pick up for you while I'm there :)

John Hart
04-30-2006, 2:45 PM
Chuck...while you're working on your denial...remember this. It is so addicting that you won't have time to eat. Just reinvest that grocery money into tools.;) Congratulations!!:)